× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Readynas 6 Pro - Stuck on "Readynas"

roggy1234
Aspirant

Readynas 6 Pro - Stuck on "Readynas"

Hi guys,

Hope you can help - Firstly a bit of history - I wanted to install the latest version of Plex on my Nas only to realise that I needed OS 6

(I had resisted OS 6 but now I needed to upgrade)

So I did the prep4to6 and r4to6 upgrade (thank you btw whoever does these!)

Everything was working great (synced over my backups from my ultra) and installed the new plex - started to sync the library - and the Readynas stopped responding to ping (left it on for 6 hrs before doing a forced shutdown)

Booted back up and stuck on logo -( I suspect it would have done it at the first reboot anyway)

Things Ive tried:

1) using the reset switch to get to the boot menu - fail

2) removing all drives to get raidar to say "no drives" - fail (not seen by raidar)

3) USB recovery - using the 4.2 recovery with a os6.10 bin file - fail

(tried multiple thumb drives - and have tested it is bootable by using a laptop - it does boot)

4) USB recovery using vanilla 4.2 recovery - fail

one of the usbs has an activity led and other than the initial boot it doesnt light up

Trying reset switch for 30 secs, backup switch for 30 seconds - ive heard of an offical guide to usb recovery - to get it to us usb boot menu

but cant find it.

I would just like it wiped and start again - help me ob wan youre my only hope 🙂

(to any jedis out there ;))

Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

It's possible that you have a failed PSU (perhaps stressed by the power load of the RAID sync).  The LCD panel will show ReadyNAS if the supply is providing only 5 volts (and not the others).

Do you have a way to test the PSU?

@roggy1234 wrote:

3) USB recovery - using the 4.2 recovery with a os6.10 bin file - fail

4) USB recovery using vanilla 4.2 recovery - fail

Also try vanilla OS 6 recovery.

Message 2 of 5
Sandshark
Sensei

Since testing the power supply unloaded is not a very good test, and you may not have an easy way to test it under load, you may want to go a different route.  The power supply connections are identical to a standard PC ATX supply,  You can temporarily connect an ATX supply (from an old PC) or even the one from the Ultra6.

Message 3 of 5
roggy1234
Aspirant

Thanks for replying guys -
USB os 6 recovery failed

Wasn't aware the pro 6 was an atx power supply - I'll give it a go

Weird as it was working up until the reboot
But I guess that's my only option unless there are any other suggestions?
Message 4 of 5
Sandshark
Sensei

It's not an ATX supply, it's an SFX supply.  But the connectors are the same, so you can use an ATX externally just for test or data recovery so you don't buy an SFX replacement and find out that's not the problem.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements