× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Readynas NV Dead Power Supply

hengy1
Tutor

Readynas NV Dead Power Supply

Not sure if this is posted in the right place. But I've just spent a lot of time trying to resurrect my aged but still working well readyNAS NV storage unit. It wouldn't power on. I've replaced the power supply before so that's the first thing I tried. 2 power supplies later, no luck. Thought I'd take it apart in case there was something that I missed. I did. The battery. I removed it and replace it with another one I had. System started right up. Not sure the reason but if it seems the power supply is not working and you replace it and still there is nothing, take it apart and change the 2032 battery. Worked for me.

Model: RND4000 (ReadyNAS NV+ v1)|READYNAS NV+ v1 (DISKLESS)|EOL
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
hengy1
Tutor

All I care about is that I fixed the problem. It works. I couldn't care less the age of the unit. It works.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
mdgm
Virtuoso

Considering the unit could be as much as almost 15 years old if you hadn’t replaced the coin battery before it’s hardly surprising that that failed.

With a failed PSU usually after removing the PSU you would see burnt capacitors or even before removing the PSU you may notice a burning smell.
Message 2 of 3
hengy1
Tutor

All I care about is that I fixed the problem. It works. I couldn't care less the age of the unit. It works.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements