× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas Pro RNDP6310-100NAS - Power Supply

Chuck_B
Follower

Readynas Pro RNDP6310-100NAS - Power Supply

Power Supply is bad for Readynas Pro RNDP6310-100NAS. Looking for options to see if I can buy another PSU or is there a new Readynas that would support my disk I could buy.

Thanks

Model: RNDP6310|ReadyNAS Pro 6 3TB (3 x 1TB Enterprise)
Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: Readynas Pro RNDP6310-100NAS - Power Supply

@Chuck_B wrote:

Power Supply is bad for Readynas Pro RNDP6310-100NAS. Looking for options to see if I can buy another PSU or is there a new Readynas that would support my disk I could buy.

It is possible to purchase and install your own PSU.  @Sandshark often gives help here to folks looking to do that.

You can temporarily mount your disks in a new x86 ReadyNAS so you can offload data.  But you will need to reformat them after you do that.  https://kb.netgear.com/29957/ReadyNAS-Migrating-disks-from-RAIDiator-4-2-to-ReadyNAS-OS-6-x86

Message 2 of 3
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: Readynas Pro RNDP6310-100NAS - Power Supply

The 6-bay legacy NAS all use an standard SFX format suppply, except the cable is longer.  I've not really found one I like since Seasonic stopped production of the original.  There is someone on eBay who advertises supplies already modified to fit (proper cable length and enough 4-pin Molex connectors), but that one may be what some have had problems with when it comes to the 3.3V (getting warnings about low voltage).

If you just want to offload the data, a standard ATX supply can be used externally, though you may need to get some SATA to Molex 4-pin (PATA power) adapters to have enough to plug into the SATA backplane (there are 3, though connecting 2 is probably enough for short term data offloading).

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements