× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Removing Readynas Remote AND Leaf Netwroks

Bob94301
Guide

Removing Readynas Remote AND Leaf Netwroks

I have a DUO that works flawlessly for me. However, in an odd click discovered ReadyNas Remote 1.6.5.18 no longer works. That's ok. But the questions are:

If I remove ReadyNas Remote from control panel, will it also remove the Leaf Newtwork adapter?

If not, how to remove the Leaf Adapter?

Any risk of injury to other Ethernet connection, wireless connections or mapped drives to the NAS? Just want to be very sure.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

It's been a long time since I had Remote installed on a PC - but I think uninstalling it there should remove the Leaf VPN as well. 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@Bob94301 wrote:

If I remove ReadyNas Remote from control panel, will it also remove the Leaf Network adapter?

The VPN service will still be present in the system, but it only runs if Remote is running.  

@Bob94301 wrote:

If not, how to remove the Leaf Adapter?

You could do with SSH I guess. Not something I've felt the need to do, so I don't know if there are side effects if it is missing.  

But obviously doing an OS reinstall, etc would just add it back.

Message 2 of 7
Bob94301
Guide

Thanks, but we must be talking about two different things. Leaf Networks runs in Windows and always runs regarless of whether ReadyNas Remote runs or not. Neiother of these are on the NAS.

Message 3 of 7
Bob94301
Guide

Ahhh, OK. There are two parts. One on the NAS and one as a Windows CLient. Its the windows clinet and Winodws Network Adapter I wish to remove.

Message 4 of 7
StephenB
Guru

It's been a long time since I had Remote installed on a PC - but I think uninstalling it there should remove the Leaf VPN as well. 

Message 5 of 7
Bob94301
Guide

Thanks. That's what I was hoping but I always like to check to be sure nothing else destabilizes. Especially since that was installed 8 or 9 years ago 🙂

Will likely try later this weekend.. I'll do a restore point just in case.

Message 6 of 7
Bob94301
Guide

You were right. Clean uninstall of Leaf and Firewall port changes, etc with a simple ReadyNas remote uninstall. All good. Thanks.

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements