× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Setting up a Website on Readynas R6 - Owncloud

beniroquai
Aspirant

Setting up a Website on Readynas R6 - Owncloud

Hello everybody. I own a Ultra 2 and moved the firmware to OS6. I love it, because "The Cloud" is working, which helps, because I'm often far away from home and this feature is really great!
But I have a question. I planned to set up "owncloud" on the R6. So I installed the Wordpress-Addon and installed owncloud into this directory. I tried to explain what i did here: http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=66803&start=45#p398856
But this didn't sattisfy me, so I decided to do a clean install, but unless I'm not a Linux pro, I cannot really handle the installation process. There was a guide provided for the old firmware by netgear. Does anybody have any experiences in doing this?

I would also like to install an addon, but its only availible in the appstore - which is not supported by this wonderfull piece of hack! Thanks a lot!!

Would really appreciate any help! 🙂
Message 1 of 3
JabbaTheHutt
Tutor

Re: Setting up a Website on Readynas R6 - Owncloud

You can install an OwnCloud application directly without having to manually install it anymore. The OwnCloud app is available on the Available tab. Make sure you are updated to firmware 6.1.1.
Message 2 of 3
super_poussin
Virtuoso

Re: Setting up a Website on Readynas R6 - Owncloud

Do not use update feature in owncloud or it will break it
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements