× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Sharing photos with a ReadyNAS Duo

synaps_o_dan
Aspirant

Sharing photos with a ReadyNAS Duo

Hi all,

since Netgear has anounced to effectively terminate the ReadyNAS Photo service, I wonder if there is an alternative way to host and share photo albums with a ReadyNAS Duo. As much as I like it, I cannot afford to buy a x86 NAS, so ReadyNAS Photo II is not really an option for me.

Cheers,
Daniel
Message 1 of 12
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Sharing photos with a ReadyNAS Duo

From End-of-Life Announcement for ReadyNAS Photos I:
yoh-dah wrote:
We are also working with ReadyNAS community developers to come up with an alternative photo sharing solution.
We apologize for any inconvenience to you.

Stay tuned.
Message 2 of 12
bendy1
Aspirant

synaps-o-dan wrote:
Hi all,

since Netgear has anounced to effectively terminate the ReadyNAS Photo service, I wonder if there is an alternative way to host and share photo albums with a ReadyNAS Duo. As much as I like it, I cannot afford to buy a x86 NAS, so ReadyNAS Photo II is not really an option for me.

Cheers,
Daniel

+1
Message 3 of 12
TomMohoric
Aspirant

Having used ReadyNas Photos on my ReadyNAS Duo for the past several years I am greatly disappointed it is being discontinued. I have no plans to upgrade to a newer ReadyNAS since mine works fine and was purchased with the understanding that it was a long term purchase.

I'm hoping those of us owning a ReadyNAS Duo will not be forgotten about.

Regards,
Tom
Message 4 of 12
alex71168
Aspirant

I too am disappointed about the loss of this great add on so hopefully they will come up with something very soon
Message 5 of 12
techman05
Guide

I thought being the version 2.2 that it was Photos II . I guess not.
Message 6 of 12
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

techman05 wrote:
I thought being the version 2.2 that it was Photos II . I guess not.

It's Photos I version 2.2. Photos II is quite different and much improved. Photos II is completely managed via web-interface. Take a look at http://www.readynas.com/photos2
Message 7 of 12
xoxMA
Aspirant

mdgm
following your helpful Netgear-style reply to my post in the end-of-life announcement thread, why don't you inform NV+ users of the add-on when it's officially ready ? thanks
Message 8 of 12
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I don't work for NetGear but I am a ReadyNAS fan. I presume yoh-dah or the community developer will post about the add-on when it's ready.
Message 9 of 12
fdullemond
Aspirant

If you do not need all the puuhaa with managing your albums through a webinterface, but prefer a static website which you generate from time to time, you could consider
running JALBUM and generate your album directly on your 'www' share on the nas....

http://jalbum.net/

(forget their hosting offer, you can just generate the album locally and host directly from you nas).
Message 10 of 12
bendy1
Aspirant

So did anyone come up with a photo sharing solution for the ReadyNAS Duo?
Message 11 of 12
pugilares
Aspirant

http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=63258
Message 12 of 12
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements