× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Stuck at ReadyNAS boot

Knerten
Aspirant

Stuck at ReadyNAS boot

Hi

I have an Netgear ReadyNAS.

after upgrade to OS 6, and it rebooted, it is now stuck only showing READYNAS when powering on, no other activity or indications that something are working.

Identical as this forum post.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/New-ReadyNAS-Users-General/RNDP600U-upgraded-to-OS6-stuck-at-ReadyN...

symptom looks like a corrupt VPD file.

@Marc_V or @JeraldM

I can see you have helped with same problem earlier, maybe you can help?

Regards

Tor Inge

Message 1 of 9
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Stuck at ReadyNAS boot

@Knerten

Welcome to the Community!

Can you still boot the NAS on Secure Diagnostic Mode? You may do so by going into the Boot menu of the NAS, or by using RAIDar. If the RAIDar detects the NAS, click the NAS icon multiple times, it should get the NAS to SDM. You can then send me a photo of your SN and model label found on the NAS.

HTH

Message 2 of 9
Knerten
Aspirant

Hi

sorry for late reply

as far as i can find out, it is stuck, on READYNAD boot, network card seems not to be initialized (no link)

regards

Tor Inge

Message 3 of 9
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Knerten

We need SSH access for the VPD to be fixed. You already tried accessing the boot menu?

Message 4 of 9
Knerten
Aspirant

@Marc_V 

NAS not reachable via Network, no app reach it, as far as i can determine the NAS dont enable network card, and thus is not reachable.

when trying to reset, nothing happens, only says "readynas" in display, fans go full speed.

any other metods than this to enable it?

Enabling Secure Diagnostics Mode (SDM) on your ReadyNAS OS 6 storage server

1. Navigate to your ReadyNAS Admin Page
  2. Go to System > Settings > Support
  3. Tick Secure Diagnostics Mode.
  4. Optionally, enter a comment to your Support Expert.
    For example a comment could contain your Support case number, your Support Expert's name, or a short description of your problem.
  5. Click Apply
  6. You will be prompted to agree to the Remote Access Policy. Click Yes to Agree or No to Disagree.
  7. A 5 digit value will populate into the Port field. This is your SDM Port. Provide this value to your Support Expert.

regards 

Tor Inge

Message 5 of 9
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Can you get the NAS to Boot Menu? You can check this link.

Message 6 of 9
Knerten
Aspirant

@Marc_V 

no, cannot get any boot menu, it is just stuck at "ReadyNAS" and fans at 100%

nothing more happens.

Tor inge

Message 7 of 9
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Knerten

We need SSH access to fix the VPD issue. Have you tried another Boot menu access or if RAIDar can detect the NAS after a reboot?

Message 8 of 9
OnlineUser
Aspirant

I am in the same boat with the exact same symptoms. Here is my discussion thread. Please keep me posted if you find an answer. 

Stuck at the ReadNAS screen. Can't get to Boot Menu. Fans are running at 100%...

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements