× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Torrents Downloading but NOT Uploading...

Lennart_Myra
Aspirant

Torrents Downloading but NOT Uploading...

Hello,

I have a big problem with getting my NAS to work properly when it comes to torrents. When I use BitTorrent or Transmission I have no problems with downloading the torrents, but when it comes to uploading, nothing happens.

My download is usually maxed at 2,5mb/s, but uploading always stays at 0kb/s (sometimes it may go to like 5kb/s for a few seconds then back to 0 again)....What is the problem?

I am currently using a Cisco EPC2425 router which is connected to my Readynas Duo...

If additional info is required to solve it, please tell me....

Thanks!

/Lennart_Myra
Message 1 of 20
Seraph1
Aspirant

Re: Torrents Downloading but NOT Uploading...

Have you forwarded the necessary port to your NAS on your router?
Message 2 of 20
Lennart_Myra
Aspirant

I am not sure I got that part 100% right...

It looks like this when I configure the router:

Setup
Advanced Settings - Port Forwarding
This page allows you to configure port forwarding for local IP addresses.

Local IP Adr - Start Port - End Port - Protocol - Enable

X - X - X - X - X

What exactly should I put in these cells?

(In my torrent client it says: network: incoming tcp port: 51413)

Thanks again!
Message 3 of 20
Seraph1
Aspirant

Lennart_Myra wrote:
I am not sure I got that part 100% right...
Local IP Adr - Start Port - End Port - Protocol - Enable

X - X - X - X - X

Local IP Adr: Your NAS' IP address.
Start port: 6881 (if you're using the built-in bittorrent client) or 51413 (if you're using the Transmission add-on)
End port: Same as above.
Protocol: TCP/UDP (or if you have to choose one of the two, choose TCP)
Enable: checked

Hope this helps.
Message 4 of 20
Lennart_Myra
Aspirant

Thank you for the quick answer! I have now tried it, but still nothing happens with my upload 😞

Any other ideas?
Message 5 of 20
Seraph1
Aspirant

What IP did you set for your nas. It should be the internal IP (probably starting with 192.168 or 10.0).

What port did you set, and what bittorrent client are you using?
Message 6 of 20
Seraph1
Aspirant

Oh... by the way, it should be noted that the bittorrent client on the NAS is not set to seed any of the files it downloads. It will only upload while you are downloading.
Message 7 of 20
Lennart_Myra
Aspirant

My NAS received the ip 192.168.0.11 and I am using Transmission 1.83...it says something about tcp port 51413 in the preferences...

I tried forwarding that port and ip numbers, but still nothing is uploading...only downloading...
Message 8 of 20
Seraph1
Aspirant

Is it a problem if nothing is uploading? eg. Are you not getting fast downloads because of it?

If you've done the forwarding correctly, there shouldn't be anything else getting in the way. I would suggest trying out the 1.90 beta that you can find here (if you are using a Duo or NV+):

http://www.readynas.com/contributed/sup ... 1Light.bin
Message 9 of 20
super_poussin
Virtuoso

there's no upload if there's no leecher asking for the file

1.90 will give you a tab to see tracker status and if there's leechers
Message 10 of 20
Lennart_Myra
Aspirant

Yeah, I really need to be able to upload as well...I will try the 1.90 and see if it helps...thanks again!

There is plenty of leechers so I know that is not the problem...I have tried many different ones with the same result...but when I download the same torrent on my PC, upload is working perfectly...
Message 11 of 20
Tatsu
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem with Transmission 1.7x - 1.83.

Port is opened on router (7000 for NAS and 7001 for Mac) and set in Transmission adequately.

When I seed from NAS (NVX) - i get slow upload speed and its very rear.
When I for test stop NAS and start to seed the same torrent on Mac i starts seeding with max speed just after few seconds with up to 40 connections (that what I observed).

I need to seed to get better ratios.

Any help welcome 🙂
Thanks in advance
Tatsu
Message 12 of 20
ReVolt
Aspirant

I have the same problem with the ReadyNas NVX. Ports are correctly forwarded. Downloading torrents works fine, only seeding is a problem. I have max 3 peers and a completely unstable upload. I'm running the latest version of RAIDiator (4.2.13) and Transmission (2.10).

Anyone found a solution yet?
Message 13 of 20
ketan324
Aspirant

I have the same problem. I confirmed port forwarding is setup correctly on my router. My Windows 7 laptop has no problem getting to 500k-1Mb/s upload speeds, HOWEVER BitTorrent on the ReadyNAS DUO box is super slow. In fact the upload doesn't appear to be sustained over a period of time. The upload will start/stop randomly, and when it is running I'm lucky if I get more than 30Kb/s upload speed. Does anybody have suggestions or fixes for this issue? Are their other clients I can test out on the NAS box? Btw, download is not an issue at all, I average around 1Mb/s most of the time. Thanks.
Message 14 of 20
Tatsu
Aspirant

OK so I checked the other configuration iMac with bittorent client but changed storage destination to ReadyNAS share and got the same results as with bittorent client on ReadyNAS.
Message 15 of 20
Typhoon1
Aspirant

I have the same problem, using BitTorrent, standard port, -1 setting in speed (unlimited), correct in the router. Downloading is not a problem, very smooth and fast, as it should. It seems that a lot of people have this problem but no solutions :-(. Has anyone solved it yet?
Please, need help with this...
Message 16 of 20
adixuz
Aspirant

Same problem for me, Im downloading in 10Mb/s but uploads in 4kbit/s, Readynas Ultra.
Message 17 of 20
erikrod
Aspirant

I have the same problem.
ReadyNAS NV+, transmission v2.31
While my files download I get some upload, but when they've finished it does'nt upload anyting. It also says 0 peers, even though I'm sure there should be many peers.

Update: Don't know why, I haven't done anything, but suddenly it started uploading at full speed.
Message 18 of 20
ludovit8
Aspirant

same problem here, just little upload 😞 (on pc huge upload)
transmission 2.34b
Message 19 of 20
prplshroud
Aspirant

Same here.  I have this issue.  ReadyNAS 316 v 6.2.4 running Transmission 3.00.8.

Downloads are fine, but I'm not uploading anything after my downloads complete.  Puts my ratio right in the toilet.

Message 20 of 20
Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 11 in conversation
Announcements