× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Transmission 2.52 - ReadynasDuo

devilsrear
Aspirant

Transmission 2.52 - ReadynasDuo

Hi

Any sign of this coming along?

Now that the Duo2 is out - is the Duo eventually going to be phased out? Do I need to buy another NAS?

Cheers
Message 1 of 21
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The Duo (v1) has been discontinued. Having said that I think super-poussin's Duo (v1) broke down a while back.

He hasn't announced stopping to develop for Sparc so I assume he intends to continue to develop this add-on.
Message 2 of 21
super_poussin
Virtuoso

my duo is always out of order 😞
Message 3 of 21
devilsrear
Aspirant

lol really stupid question (and off topic) if i switch to another nas - duo v2 or nv? can i swap the drives out of my existing duo? or would it be simpler just to buy a new nas and get new drives?
Message 4 of 21
StephenB
Guru

devilsrear wrote:
lol really stupid question (and off topic) if i switch to another nas - duo v2 or nv? can i swap the drives out of my existing duo? or would it be simpler just to buy a new nas and get new drives?
The v2 has a different architecture, so if you move your v1 disks over it will reformat them.

If your v1 meets your needs overall, there is no reason to rush to replace it. If you do upgrade, consider both the ultra/pro lines and the v2.
Message 5 of 21
ReadySECURE
Apprentice

If you are looking for more drive bays, I have had good luck moving the RAID from the DUO v1 to the NV+ v1.
Message 6 of 21
Theresias
Tutor

super-poussin wrote:
my duo is always out of order 😞

Sadly I gave my old Duo to a friend before I saw yours died, other wise I'd have shipped it to you. 😞 A (diskless) Duo is about ~100 EUR these days at Amazon here in Germany, guess France isn't that much different. Should be easy enough to get each of us here to donate 5 USD / EUR (or more) to super-poussin via his PayPal account for his work and time he invested and as an incentive to keep it up (and eventually get a replacement NAS).

Yet another donation sent, little more than the suggested amount though. 😎
Message 7 of 21
super_poussin
Virtuoso

stay tuned
Message 8 of 21
dennild
Aspirant

hey i would allso really like and update for my duov1 since the raidator update i cant get any of it working!
Message 9 of 21
Russell_Coight
Aspirant

Theresias wrote:
Should be easy enough to get each of us here to donate 5 USD / EUR (or more) to super-poussin via his PayPal account for his work and time he invested and as an incentive to keep it up (and eventually get a replacement NAS).

Yet another donation sent, little more than the suggested amount though. 😎

I've clicked on the Donate link in super's profile, how do you get it to open in English?
Message 10 of 21
devilsrear
Aspirant

dennild wrote:
hey i would allso really like and update for my duov1 since the raidator update i cant get any of it working!

Hi my big concern now for us duo v1 users using transmission is that they have now released RAIDiator 4.1.9 - the latest version 2.42 is NOT compatible with this version of RAIDiator. I did mention this in my thread here back in Feb.

http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=61555#p345273

Looks like you will have to roll back to 4.1.8 if you want to use it now, hope that super-poussin gets a duo v1 and fixes it for 2.52 and 4.1.9 or buy a new nas (I am currently debating that option)
Message 11 of 21
TKCable
Aspirant

devilsrear wrote:
dennild wrote:

Hi my big concern now for us duo v1 users using transmission is that they have now released RAIDiator 4.1.9 - the latest version 2.42 is NOT compatible with this version of RAIDiator.

Hi,

I have to disagree. I've a ReadyNas Duo and upgraded to RAIDiator 4.1.9 yesterday.
After reboot, TransMission wasn't accessible.
After performing a local update with the TransMission 2.42 binary,TransMission works perfectly again.
Message 12 of 21
devilsrear
Aspirant

Thanks - will give that a go. Saying that I've just splurged out on a duo v2 - as they are currently on offer @ £99 for a diskless unit
Message 13 of 21
devilsrear
Aspirant

TKCable wrote:
devilsrear wrote:
dennild wrote:

Hi my big concern now for us duo v1 users using transmission is that they have now released RAIDiator 4.1.9 - the latest version 2.42 is NOT compatible with this version of RAIDiator.

Hi,

I have to disagree. I've a ReadyNas Duo and upgraded to RAIDiator 4.1.9 yesterday.
After reboot, TransMission wasn't accessible.
After performing a local update with the TransMission 2.42 binary,TransMission works perfectly again.

Good News! I stand correct, upgrade to 4.1.9 then a update to transmission 2.42 does work 🙂 - definately tried that before, maybe it was specific to the 4.1.9 being a beta
Message 14 of 21
sjw
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah, update to 4.1.9... you can then re-install Transmission. You'll probably lose access to shares but Netgear don't seem at all concerned and treat their customers as 'nobodies' (the user that shares are changed to after updating..)
Message 15 of 21
wkeesom
Aspirant

Worked for me aswel. Reinstalled Transmission 2.42 and it (seems to) works like before.
Message 16 of 21
Rabalder
Aspirant

I confirm that since the 419 uppgrade transmission 242 is very unstable. Re-installing, re-booting or whatever does not help.
I have given up now and will order a synology 212 this week as a replacement.
Message 17 of 21
Deaf_Raiders1
Aspirant

Tranmission 2.42 won't install on the latest RAIDiator 4.1.9. Even tried a different browser.
Message 18 of 21
Ezampese
Aspirant

I got a readynas duo, radiator 4.1.9 and tried to install Transmission add on. But don't works.
I uninstall this add on but two directories still in my readynas. And I can't delete it... I tried to delete in shares setup, and fine. But when I accessby network they still there... I need some help to delete them!!

Thanks for some help...
Message 19 of 21
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Which shares are these?

Do you have SSH access?
Message 20 of 21
kpturner
Aspirant

I found the solution in a link on this thread: http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic ... 17&t=64339

It involved changing a cache value in the JSON from 200 to 2
Message 21 of 21
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements