× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Transmission 2.80 for ReadyNAS DUO v2/NV+ v2 (ARM) – FRE

cosmos1
Aspirant

Re: Transmission 2.77 for ReadyNAS DUO v2/NV+ v2 (ARM) – FRE

I have not done it, but guess the way to do it would be the following. First, enable SSH root access (see caveats about warranty though) on your netgear. Disable transmission from the web interface. Then ssh to the netgear box and edit the settings:

vi /transmission/settings.json

... to enable authentication as per https://forum.transmissionbt.com/viewto ... 362#p35883

Save the file and then re-enable transmission from the web interface.
Message 26 of 59
ssurba
Guide

Hi ashani,

you can also edit settings.json without SSH, this file can be found \Transmission network share. Don't forget to restart Transmission after editing.

Regards,

Sergey.
Message 27 of 59
cosmos1
Aspirant

ssurba wrote:

you can also edit settings.json without SSH, this file can be found \Transmission network share. Don't forget to restart Transmission after editing.

Hehe, didn't think about that! 🙂

BTW, excellent build you gave us Sergey! I'm also using transmission-remote without any issue at all. Awesome :thumbsup:
Message 28 of 59
super_poussin
Virtuoso

did you compile with --disable-nls --enable-lightweight --enable-largefile ?
Message 29 of 59
ssurba
Guide

super-poussin wrote:
did you compile with --disable-nls --enable-lightweight --enable-largefile ?

Hi super-poussin,

I've compiled with --enable-lightweight only.

I did not want to disable NLS, because there could be files with national characters in names.

It seems that support for large files is enabled by default and as far as I know there is no option --enable-largefile in ./configure (as of v.2.77).

Regards, Sergey!
Message 30 of 59
Dcore
Aspirant

hi
and thanks for a grate addon, is there any whay to hide the transmission folder/share from som users or will it be included in a later release?

kind regards
Message 31 of 59
Dcore
Aspirant

never mind. it displayet in Shares after 2 full restart 🙂
Message 32 of 59
devilsrear
Aspirant

great update and free - working like a dream 🙂
Message 33 of 59
Newklear
Aspirant

Hello,

This might just be the overly paranoid me talking, but is it safe to visit "http://www.sergeysurba.com/projects/transmission"..?

My anti-virus software (avast) blocks the website and tells me it contains some dangerous javascript code and/or a trojan horse or something.

Can it be downloaded as an add-on from an "official" netgear site somewhere?

I have been using Transmission for over a year but since the random crashes of my NAS started happening i thought i'd give this one a try, especially after the comment from "whocares?" that the transmission add-on had been discontinued.
Message 34 of 59
ssurba
Guide

Hi Newklear,

it is safe to visit my site, I've just checked it - no viruses.

As this add-on is not officially supported by NTGR I cannot get it posted on the corporate website. But again, there should be no problem to download it from my website.

Cheers, Sergey.
Message 35 of 59
Duov2
Aspirant

Hi,

I am not sure is it just me or is there no options to edit the settings.json from the web interface? The interface made by Whocares? had an easy access settings.json button to edit the settings...

I used to be able to set a remote login username and password from settings.json but i dont see an option right now.

Please assist

Thanks
Message 36 of 59
ssurba
Guide

Hi Duov2,

you can edit settings.json by using your favourite text editor, the file is in network share of your ReadyNAS:

\\<name_of_your_readynas>\transmission\settings.json

Cheers,
Sergey.
Message 37 of 59
ashani
Aspirant

hello,

any news on latest update of Transmission 2.80, when can we expect the update for readynas v2

Thanks for the good work.
Message 38 of 59
Forage
Aspirant

The update to 0.0.5 of last week caused all my settings to be reset to default again. Please take this into account, the default settings are unlikely to be sufficient for most users.
Message 39 of 59
ssurba
Guide

Forage,

thank you for your input, I'll try to find a workaround for this.

Regards, Sergey.
Message 40 of 59
canprof
Aspirant

Just installed 2.8 and everything seems to work fine, except I can't find where to go to adjust settings. Is there a button to click somewhere? I have the settings file, but don't know how to open it.
Message 41 of 59
canprof
Aspirant

I think I spoke too soon on my previous post. I have found the settings button (blame my failing eyes for the initial failure). But I can't figure out how to start a torrent. I have a torrent file in my download folder. How do I get Transmission to recognize it and start a download process?
Message 42 of 59
Forage
Aspirant

canprof wrote:
I think I spoke too soon on my previous post. I have found the settings button (blame my failing eyes for the initial failure). But I can't figure out how to start a torrent. I have a torrent file in my download folder. How do I get Transmission to recognize it and start a download process?

You have two options to start downloading torrents:

1. Go to the web interface and click on the top-left button (Open Torrent) and either point to the torrent file or torrent url

2. Place the downloaded torrent files in the watch folder to start download automatically. The watch folder is located within the Transmission network share folder: browse your network, go to your NAS share, here you have the folder transmission/watch-dir

3. You can edit the settings.json file located in the same transmission folder on your network to change the default watch folder location or more advanced settings. Make sure you disable the transmission add-on first before you start editing this file. Enable the add-on again when you're finished.
Message 43 of 59
canprof
Aspirant

Thanks for this. I'm confused about the "Open Torrent" button. When I click it, it opens a box allowing me to "Upload Files" from file or url. neither one seems to do anything, and I want to download anyway. When I use explorer to copy the torrent file into the watch directory, everything works fine. Is this the only option?
Message 44 of 59
Forage
Aspirant

canprof wrote:
Thanks for this. I'm confused about the "Open Torrent" button. When I click it, it opens a box allowing me to "Upload Files" from file or url. neither one seems to do anything, and I want to download anyway.

You have to point to a torrent file with either of the two. Try the file upload function with a torrent file just as the one you would be adding to the watch folder (one that isn't downloading already). That should present you with a dialog, allowing you to start the download and optionally select the files you want to download. You've found a bug if that does not work.
Message 45 of 59
canprof
Aspirant

I guess I found a bug. If I browse to the torrent file, then press "upload", nothing happens at all. If I manually transfer the same torrent to the watch folder, everything works fine - except I cannot delete the torrent when complete. I get an error message saying it is not accessible.
Message 46 of 59
canprof
Aspirant

Not sure what I did wrong, but the following sequence occurred after installing 2.80 on RAIDiator 5.3.8:
1. Installed successfully.
2. Accessed "[URL]:9091" successfully. Tried to download torrent using the "Upload" button. Dialog box opened; browsed to torrent file and selected it; clicked "Upload". Nothing happened.
3. Manually moved torrent file to watch folder. Download started and completed automatically. Success - I thought.
4. Tried to delete download, but got "Not Accessible" error.
5. Now nothing works. Can't access add-on using "[URL]:9091" any more.

Can anyone help? Is this a 5.3.8 incompatibility?
Message 47 of 59
ssurba
Guide

canprof,

it should work normally with FW v.5.3.8, there should be no problem. What browser are you using to upload torrents?
Message 48 of 59
canprof
Aspirant

IE10
Message 49 of 59
ssurba
Guide

IE10 ==> this may be the problem.

Can you try with different browser?

There are also support forums on Transmission website, you can post your questions there: https://forum.transmissionbt.com/
Message 50 of 59
Discussion stats
Announcements