× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Transmission Incoming Port Closed

finchy
Aspirant

Transmission Incoming Port Closed

Hi,

Network is configured as follows:

O2 router set as DHCP of main phone socket => Solwise ethernet power plug => Netgear router as bridge (DHCP turned off) => PRO connected with fixed IP address

I was running Transmission 2.62 and accessing through Remote GUI with no problems. The incoming port was manually configured to 514XX and tested ok. I could not get it to
work using NAT hence manually configured. Download speeds were good (>100kbps). Until.....the last week when download speeds were more random and less than half the upload speed (~85-90kbps). Number of torrents active (downloading and seeding) is less than 10. When running the 'Test Port' option on the Network tab of the Transmission Options in the Remote GUI it gives error 'Incoming port is closed. Check your firewall settings.'

I have run port checks (www.grc.com & www.canyouseeme.org) which confirm the port is open. I've upgraded Transmission to 2.73 but the problem still persists.

So is the problem with Transmission or the router(s)? I can access the NAS over the network no problems and confirmed that the IP address is fixed.
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements