× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Transmission running slow?

smcbee
Aspirant

Transmission running slow?

Hi guys,

I've got Transmission 2.32b02 running on my NV+ (I'm running the beta because the watch directory would not work for me on the latest stable build) and it is running really slowly. Just as a test, I downloaded the same torrent from the same private tracker first to the NAS and then to my Computer. Transmission on my Mac is currently at almost 50% of the 2GB file after roughly 10 minutes. Transmission on the NV+ is at 0% (504k downloaded)
Download speeds are:
Mac = ~2MB/s
NAS = 111KB/s

Is this just to be expected or is there an older version I could install that may run at a more reasonable speed?

Thanks,

-Shawn
Message 1 of 7
super_poussin
Virtuoso

Re: Transmission running slow?

can you try 2.32 final ?
Message 2 of 7
smcbee
Aspirant

super-poussin wrote:
can you try 2.32 final ?

I would love to! But the main Transmission thread only lists up to the beta2 for the Sparc version. If you can link me to the final, I'll gladly give it a go.
Message 3 of 7
smcbee
Aspirant

Okay, so I found a link to 2.32 and it seems to DL a lot faster and the watch directory still works and everything seems pretty great. Thanks!
Message 4 of 7
ConTeacher
Aspirant

smcbee wrote:
Okay, so I found a link to 2.32 and it seems to DL a lot faster and the watch directory still works and everything seems pretty great. Thanks!

Where is the download link for 2.32 final for SPARC ?
Message 5 of 7
smcbee
Aspirant

I just used the posted link for 2.31 and changed the 1 to a 2 and it worked. Apparently the file is hosted there, but super-poussin never updated the main Transmission thread.
You might wan to hold off, though... because NOW Transmission keeps just disabling itself randomly... an issue I was having on 2.31 that has resurfaced now that all my other issues are fixed... any ideas, S-P?
Message 6 of 7
erupter
Aspirant

I moved back to the std bittorrent client:way faster!
i was looking at 20k for transmission vs 500k for bittorrent, same torrent.
now i see.that the so called stable doesn't work ether... i think i'll stick with default.
Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements