× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Upgrading to 7.1

John250
Aspirant

Upgrading to 7.1

Does anyone know the process of upgrading from 6.7 to 7.1 or gone through it?
Message 1 of 19
JohnnyEgnyte
Aspirant

Re: Upgrading to 7.1

John250 wrote:
Does anyone know the process of upgrading from 6.7 to 7.1 or gone through it?

Here is the OLC 7.1 knowledgebase article with a direct download link.
Message 2 of 19
pravp
Aspirant

what is the procedure to update OLC on the ReadyNAS? I have tried using the "Add New" Tab under Add-ons but when the file is uploaded i get the following;

Name: Egnyte Office Local Cloud
Version: 6.7.8
Date: Sat Feb 11 10:39:51 2012
Size: 11 MB

It seems like either the checksum info has not been updated or the file is incorrect?

P.S. I have not installed the new version yet, will do when I receive confirmation that the file is correct
Message 3 of 19
John250
Aspirant

So 7.1 can be done as "add new" while 6.8 is still installed? Yeah and it does say 6.7.8 when I upload and verify the image. Whats the word on that?
Message 4 of 19
JohnnyEgnyte
Aspirant

Hold off on the upgrade for now. Our products team is working on an official "how to upgrade to 7.1" document to prevent version conflicts and potential bugs. Will keep you guys updated.
Message 5 of 19
John250
Aspirant

Ok, Glad I asked.

John
Message 6 of 19
pravp
Aspirant

johnny when do you think you will have this available? We are presently backing up on to Egnyte but with 500GB of data it is taking forever. There are a couple of folders I can "deselect" to first upload the more important data so this is a new feature I would love to have access to right away.
Message 7 of 19
JohnnyEgnyte
Aspirant

We found a sync issue a few customers were having on 7.1, so we rolled back 7.1 in order to patch up those bugs. Engineering plans to have the polished version out next week, I'll let you guys know when it's good to go and ready to be installed.
Message 8 of 19
pravp
Aspirant

i received an email from egnyte today with the fact that they are growing into europe, along with that comes some links to OLC 7.2, is this good to go now for the ReadyNAS?
Message 9 of 19
JohnnyEgnyte
Aspirant

pravp wrote:
i received an email from egnyte today with the fact that they are growing into europe, along with that comes some links to OLC 7.2, is this good to go now for the ReadyNAS?

The links are just to 7.2 release notes. The official release isn't out yet. Our production team decided to just go straight to 7.2, which addresses some of the sync issues of 7.1 and further enhances sync performance. Unfortunately I do not have an exact ETA, but will keep updating as we go along. Thanks for your patience everyone.
Message 10 of 19
CloudFileServer
Aspirant

Any update on ETA already?
Message 11 of 19
JohnnyEgnyte
Aspirant

Just got an update today. ETA for 7.2 is scheduled for two weeks from now.
Message 12 of 19
pravp
Aspirant

thanks for the update, are we still on track for release next week?
Message 13 of 19
JohnnyEgnyte
Aspirant

pravp wrote:
thanks for the update, are we still on track for release next week?

The wait is over! viewtopic.php?f=146&t=63333
Message 14 of 19
pravp
Aspirant

i just installed this today and thankfully it wasnt on our production NAS. The Installed Addons Page shows the version as 7.2.2 but when I access the management interface of OLC on the 8806 port it tries and tries to bring up a page and then comes up with a page saying...

Local Cloud Error

Sorry, an error occurred

Please contact technical support.

We are sorry for any inconvenience.

(OR) You may go back to Office Local Cloud Home.

Do I have to redo my OLC install again????
Message 15 of 19
JohnnyEgnyte
Aspirant

Did you directly download and install the bin file from the Egnyte helpdesk? https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/entries/214 ... -2-release
The Netgear add-on page hasn't been updated with the latest bin file, it should be rolling out early this week. You might have downloaded the wrong version.
Message 16 of 19
pravp
Aspirant

yes I used the file from teh helpdesk. I uploaded and re-did the install once again and rebooted the NAS and this time it all came good.

Will report back when time permits on improvements with this new release.
Message 17 of 19
John250
Aspirant

Implemented the upgrade directly to 7.2 (skipping 7.1) without any issue.

John
Message 18 of 19
CloudFileServer
Aspirant

Sometimes just disabling and enabling the egnyte plugin helps a lot...
Message 19 of 19
Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements