× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

User share folder

Alovell
Aspirant

User share folder

We have the ReadyNAS set up with egnyte with the "Private" and "Shared" folder. Within the private folder, there is the share for each username we link between the ReadyNAS and egnyte. The problem is, all the folders in the private folder are view-able by everyone. Furthermore, the ReadyNAS creates a shared folder for every username in its root, and NOT the elc folder. It weirdly does this by default and the user folder it creates in the root is only accessible by the certain user it is for (like it is suppost to be). Is there anyway to tell the ReadyNAS to create this user folder in c\elc\private instead?
Message 1 of 4
JohnnyEgnyte
Aspirant

Re: User share folder

Hi Alovell, Private folders are only visible to that specific user and only generated under /ELC. I think you might be confusing Egnyte Private folders with NETGEAR's "Private home shares" folders.
Message 2 of 4
Alovell
Aspirant

Thank you for the reply Johnny, it still seems that the individual user folders are public for everyone in the private folder. Since i am admin, i can probobly see them all but can a standard power user be able to see all of the private user folders?
Message 3 of 4
JohnnyEgnyte
Aspirant

Yes, as the Admin you can see all the private folders (for security reasons). But no other users (Power or Standard) can see each other's folders unless they specifically share them with others.
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements