× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Where did my message go

cubenz
Tutor

Where did my message go

I posted to this board yesterday, but now my message has disapperared.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Stora-Legacy/Stora-error-after-factory-reset/m-p/1943945#M15984

Any clues please?

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Where did my message go

@cubenz

I moved it to the right board so they can properly answer your inquiry about Stora. If you have posted a reply, I checked the quarantine bin and can't find any.

Note though that the Stora service has ended last April so this might also be the cause of your issue.

HTH

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@cubenz

I moved it to the right board so they can properly answer your inquiry about Stora. If you have posted a reply, I checked the quarantine bin and can't find any.

Note though that the Stora service has ended last April so this might also be the cause of your issue.

HTH

Message 2 of 9
schumaku
Guru

@Marc_V wrote:

@cubenz

Marc,
Appears you have moved the post to a forum section lo longer open and reachable to the public - a problem that happens for more than a year now, several senior community members complained about this before...

Look here - no other recent post by the OP visible to us out here:

cubenz last posts.PNG

@ChristineT The UI Netgear moderators are using needs a review and revision urgently!!!

Regards,

-Kurt

Message 3 of 9
StephenB
Guru

@schumaku wrote:

Look here - no other recent post by the OP visible to us out here:

FWIW, what I see is 

Cubenz.png

While it's clear that forum area isn't generally available now, that appears to be a recent change.   There was an active discussion there on 19 June 2020.  So I think something just happened to restrict access - perhaps inadvertent. @ChristineT, can you help? 

Though it clearly isn't a lot of activity in the Stora forum, I think there still is a need for it.  ReadyNAS is quite different, and I don't know of any active ReadyNAS posters who know enough about Stora to be helpful  Certainly I don't.  BTW, the discussion there last month was between Netgear users - not a user working with a mod. 

Message 4 of 9
schumaku
Guru

@StephenB your access could be related to your Superuser privs, or based on the access from a different continent. 

Message 5 of 9
StephenB
Guru

@schumaku wrote:

@StephenB your access could be related to your Superuser privs

As a superuser, I do have some elevated privileges, and I agree that is likely the reason I can see the posts.

My point was that folks without elevated privileges were actively using the Stora forum area last month.  So something changed very recently.  Whether intentional or not, I think it should be changed back - so I looped in @ChristineT (as you did).

Message 6 of 9
cubenz
Tutor

Thanks - When you say the Stora Service ended, does that mean I now have a paperweight?

Very disappointing if so.

In case anyone who can see my post is able to offer guidance, how do I get to see it again?

Message 7 of 9
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@cubenz

Not really sure if you can still set it up without logging in as indicated on the instructions. But if you have a Stora setup before I believe you can still access it locally using it's IP address.  But if you will just set it up the first time I'm really not sure if that's possible. I will try to get someone with knowledge on this.

Message 8 of 9
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@cubenz

Was able to get information. Unfortunately, if you are just setting it up again it will not be possible anymore since it needs the Stora service to be online.

Christine also checked the permissions. Can you check if you can now access the board fine and can post, reply and create? https://community.netgear.com/t5/Stora-Legacy/bd-p/stora

HTH

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements