× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Which models (exactly) are supported? What firmware level i

grazman
Aspirant

Which models (exactly) are supported? What firmware level i

I am asking because there is contradicting information I have read at both the Egnyte and Netgear site.

ReadyNas Pro 2 or 4 or 6? Any models except DUO and the NVX line?

NVX - NO
Pro Business - ?? Yes ??
Pro 2 - ?? Yes ??
Pro 4 - ?? Yes ??
Pro 6 - ?? Yes ??
2100 - ?? Yes ??
3100 - ?? Yes ??
3200 - ?? Yes ??
4200 - ?? Yes ??

I am assuming the DUO and VNX don;t work because they don;t have a normal Intel or Intel Atom CPU, so the instructions sets/firmware that works on the vmware version ALSO work on these. Is this correct?

Also, I saw one version of firmware for egnyte was pulled by Netgear while they worked something out. Can you confirm the proper stable version to run for these devices?
Message 1 of 8
JohnnyEgnyte
Aspirant

Re: Whiuch models (exactly) are supported? What firmware lev

We DO support NVX for Business. The models not supported are Duo and NV+ due to having Sparc (non-Intel) processors and limited maximum RAM which are designed for home/prosumer use.

Here’s a list of models that are supported by Egnyte.
http://www.readynas.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/ReadyNAS_Comparison_Business.pdf

The current supported ReadyNAS firmware is 4.2.17. We are yet to certify the latest ReadyNAS firmware update 4.2.18 with Office Local Cloud. It would be advisable not to update the firmware to 4.2.18 or higher until further notification.

Hope that answers your questions 🙂
Message 2 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Where is the X6???? Always left off even though we were your early supporters
Message 3 of 8
JohnnyEgnyte
Aspirant

Egnyte supports most ReadyNAS models currently offered by Netgear. Unfortunately the X6 is an older discontinued model before the release of OLC, thus we do not have the ability to develop support integration for that model.
Message 4 of 8
pszilard
Aspirant

Hi Johnny,

What about the Ultra 6 and Ultra 4 ReadyNAS'es? They are also Intel cpu with 1GB RAM. Can they be used for Egnyte?
Message 5 of 8
JohnnyEgnyte
Aspirant

Hi Paul,

pszilard wrote:
What about the Ultra 6 and Ultra 4 ReadyNAS'es? They are also Intel cpu with 1GB RAM. Can they be used for Egnyte?

To answer your question we have not certified the Ultra series or any ReadyNAS designed for home use. Although Office Local Cloud can technically run on the Ultra series, we cannot guarantee its performance as we have not done any benchmarks or testing with these devices. That's the reason why we only recommend business-class ReadyNAS models.

~ Johnny
Message 6 of 8
brianssd
Aspirant

I am using 4.2.19 after being on 4.2.15, then 4.2.18 (for no real reason), then 4.2.19t4 and now the final version.

IS there ANY WAY to get a .bin file of the Egnyte installation that will RUN on 4.2.19 even if it isn't supported. I just paid for my Egnyte subscription for a year in full and I also have had my NAS for quite sometime and I am now trying to utilize the features of both companies product offering.

I am hopeful you can email me at brian.ball@uptimetechsultants dot com and provide me with an Egnyte INSTALL that will run on 4.2.19.
Message 7 of 8
JohnnyEgnyte
Aspirant

Hi Brian,

We are actually in the process of testing on 4.2.19 this week. If testing goes smoothly, we should have support sign-off by next week.
I will have support directly contact you through email to guide you through the installation process and make sure everything goes smoothly.

~ Johnny
Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements