× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Windows phone app

richardianmurra
Follower

Windows phone app

I find it unnacceptable for a company like Netgear to be making prommises for an app for Windows phones for almost 5 years now and yet there is still no result. If there is no intention to provide this app then just be honest and say so. This attitude tarnishes your brand.

Message 1 of 7
StephenB
Guru

Re: Windows phone app

I don't recall seeing any such promises here - what app are you talking about?

Message 2 of 7
Nytaicer
Initiate

How about an app for Windows Phone?

Message 3 of 7
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Nytaicer,

Most apps by NETGEAR for the ReadyNAS are made by 3rd party or ReadyNAS community developers. So we cannot really tell if a Windows app is in the works.

Regards,

Message 4 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@FramerV wrote:
 Most apps by NETGEAR for the ReadyNAS are made by 3rd party or ReadyNAS community developers. So we cannot really tell if a Windows app is in the works.

I expect the most useful app here would be ReadyCloud, which is of course from Netgear.

Message 5 of 7
HendersonFamily
Initiate

The reluctance of Netgear to provide a windows phone app - or allow a windows phone to access the arlo sign-in is a poor business decision and an insult to those clients who choose windows vs. android and iphone.  I have used and recommended netgear for all of my networking solutions for over 15 years.  I am very disappointed with your decision in regards to creating a windows phone app  and find it very difficult to continue to recommend your product or purchase any additional product from your company going forward.  

Message 6 of 7
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi HendersonFamily,

Your idea to improve the quality and functionality of the product is very much appreciated, we thank you for sharing and interest in this. You may also post suggestions and ideas at the Idea Exchange board. Adding kudos to the ideas will help as development team will be reviewing the post that has the most kudos for considering it to add to the product's future functionality.

We appreciate your contribution to the community!

Regards,

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 10 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements