× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

error message from RN314

NASty1
Aspirant

error message from RN314

My RN314 began informing me that Disk two of my array failed its' disk test.  I replaced the disk with a new one, but about two weeks later, I recieved the same status warning as before.  The first hard disk tested fine, so when the error occured again, I began thinking the problem might be the readynas itself.  Today, after being unable to access the nas over my intranet, I accessed the nas, and it was displaying "_raw_spin_unlock_irqrestore +4".  I searched through support, but was unable to find this error message.  Does anyone have a clue as to what's going on?

Model: RN31443D|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay (4x 3TB Desktop)
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: error message from RN314

Well, the error means that the system crashed at that location.

What firmware are you running?

Do you have a backup of your data?  If not, if the system reboots you should definitely take care of that.

If you purchased (new) between 1 June 2014 and 31 May 2016 you have lifetime chat support via my.netgear.com.  If that's the case, you should definitely use that service.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Re: error message from RN314

Well, the error means that the system crashed at that location.

What firmware are you running?

Do you have a backup of your data?  If not, if the system reboots you should definitely take care of that.

If you purchased (new) between 1 June 2014 and 31 May 2016 you have lifetime chat support via my.netgear.com.  If that's the case, you should definitely use that service.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements