× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot connect to ReadyNas DUO v2

NRH
Follower
Follower

Cannot connect to ReadyNas DUO v2

Hello,

I'm trying to connect to my ReadyNAS Duo V2 on a Windows 10 computer, but I cannot see it in my network > computers

When I try to connect to it using \\ip-address or \\dns-name it doesn't work, and gives me an error message "Windows cannot access \\ip-address". I am, however, able to connect to it with a web browser & RaidAR is able to detect it.

The odd part of this, is that I am able to connect to using \\ip-address with another windows 10 computer in the same network.

Any ideas on how to connect to it with my PC? 

Also network discovery is on 

Thank you

Model: RND2210v2|READYNAS DUO v2 (2TB: 2 X 1TB)|EOL
Message 1 of 3
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Cannot connect to ReadyNas DUO v2

Hello NRH,

I understand that one of your windows 10 computer is having trouble accessing the NAS via SMB. If other computer able to access the NAS then we can isolate that there might be a problem on this specific computer. Please make sure that computer and NAS is on the same subnet of ip address and does belong to the same work group. You may also try to disable firewall, anti virus and internet security application running on the computer. Kindly check this thread as well it since it may be the cause of the problem. 

Welcome to the community!

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Cannot connect to ReadyNas DUO v2

Hello NRH,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution.

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,
Marty_M
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements