× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Expand lun past 8191GB Readynas 2100

lukecolb
Aspirant

Expand lun past 8191GB Readynas 2100

Hi  I have ReadyNAS 2100 v1 with 4 6tb Disks in the disks are currently mirrored so i have 10tb usable. however i can't expand my lun past 8191GB its says the expensation is complete but just stays same size. I had trouble expanding up to this and had to do it in smaller jumps ie 5000 to 5600 then 6000 then 6100 then 6200 as the same thing happened when the size did not change. Any Ideas?

Model: ReadyNAS RNRX4000|ReadyNAS 2100 Chassis only
Message 1 of 7
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @lukecolb

Welcome to the Community!

There are limitations in volume expansion but there shouldn't be any with iSCSi LUN. Can you PM me a link to your full logs.

But OS6 units that are ARM based does have a limitation when it comes to expanding individual LUNs. If this is the case since the ReadyNAS 2100 has a 32-Bit Intel CPU this sounds like a limitation similar to the ARM based OS6 models. 

Regards

Message 2 of 7
lukecolb
Aspirant

Hi

I've put them here

(Removed link)

Thanks

Message 3 of 7
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @lukecolb

As we have mentioned there's a possibility that expanding LUN past 8TB might be a limitation for a Legacy NAS with 32-Bit Intel CPU such as the ReadyNAS 2100.

Have you tried disconnecting users connected to this LUN? You can do that by disconnecting or removing the LUN from the LUN group that users are accessing then try to expand and reconnect the LUN.

Message 4 of 7
lukecolb
Aspirant

Thanks

I've disconnected everyone and tried expanding but get the same 

It says successful but the size remains the same

Message 5 of 7
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Do you have other ReadyNAS units? or another with the same model to check if it will do the same or proceed with the expansion.

I will try to confirm if this is a limitation on the device.

Message 6 of 7
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Where you able to expand when size is less than 8TB?

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements