× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

File name search when desktop app and photo app fails

Hermelin1
Follower

File name search when desktop app and photo app fails

Desperately trying to find a way to search files by file name on my ReadyNAS, so that I can find photos by name instead of browsing from top down. Have found a number three potential ways, but can't make them work:
1) ReadyNAS Photos II app. Stuck on log-in.
2) Readycloud desktop app. Stuck on log-in.
3) Admin page (Shares then Browse), magnifying glass. Nothing happens when I type search word and press enter. (I obviously don't want to search the community or knowledge base here, I want to search my own photos)
(Have also looked for search from TV app and from the admin page, with no success).

Anybody know other ways to search by file name, OR how to resolve either 1, 2 or 3?

Details:
1) ReadyNAS Photo II fail: From inside the Admin page, I click the ReadyNAS Photo II app button, and get to login. I enter my credentials (the ones I use to log into ReadyCloud Web). The text on the login button goes grey...then nothing more happens. Even after waiting for long. (Also tried my admin login-credentials, same result)
2) Desktop app fail: Have downloaded the latest version (tried both from inside ReadyCloud web and directly from dl-page), for Windows, and double-checked my credentials (even tried logging out of Readycloud web and logging back in with same credentials, which works). After attempting log-in I get error. Also, the desktop app behaves wierdly: Wrong text displayed (e.g. "BTN_OK" instead of just "OK" on the OK button). And I can't get it to start without removing the program and re-installing it; if I switch windows and try to get back I can't get the app back up again.

Using Chrome & Windows 8; ReadyNAS firmware 6.10.3 of that matters.

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: File name search when desktop app and photo app fails

There is a file search function in the NAS, but unfortunately it's not available on the RN102 and RN104 (not enough memory).

If you are local, there is no reason to use ReadyCloud.  You can access the share directly w/o it, and then search with Windows Explorer.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Re: File name search when desktop app and photo app fails

There is a file search function in the NAS, but unfortunately it's not available on the RN102 and RN104 (not enough memory).

If you are local, there is no reason to use ReadyCloud.  You can access the share directly w/o it, and then search with Windows Explorer.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements