× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Gmail attachements download to ReadyNas not working!

speaker
Aspirant

Gmail attachements download to ReadyNas not working!

If I receive an Email from lets say Gmail which has lets say a PDF (or any format type) file,  I'll try  to directly download it to the NAS server.

When the download starts,  I get a failure message from Gmail.

I can see the PDF icon build in the NAS server but 0 bytes were downloaded ...

---

The only way or work-a-round is to download it to the Desktop and then drag N drop it to the server.

---

Simmilarly, If I do a AutoCAD drawing but would like to plot ( or print ) to PDF file, it will not let me directly do so to the Server - sometimes it works, sometimes it does not.

The work-around : print it to my Desktop then drag N drop it the Nas server.

---

another problem with the files on the server :  If i try to delete a PDF file that CAD could not print it to the NAS, I get a Denied Access! message .

---

on May 2017 there was a firmware update,  I thought for sure that would solve the problem - along with a NAS reboot the problem would go away but NOPE!

problem still persists .

---

Rebooted my PC, it worked perfect, the problem seemed to gone. But  a few minutes later, the problem came right back! 

So, is the problem with a weak Netgear OS running the NAS??

Model: RN31200|ReadyNAS 300 Series 2-Bay
Message 1 of 4
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Gmail attachements download to ReadyNas not working!

Hello speaker,

What is the firmware version of your NAS?

I am not sure if it is recommended to save an attachment from the email to the NAS but normally, when we download an attachment we save it to the storage of the computer instead of network storage. Have you tried downloading something from the Internet and save it straight to the NAS?

Also, please post a screen capture of any error message you get.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
speaker
Aspirant

Normally, no downloading an attachment to the NAS may not be a wise thing to do.

However, these attachements are between my colleagues at work only a few feet away; so i know it is safe.

The answer to the 2nd part of your quesion is yes i have tried a direct download however, it fails 

the firmware is the latest ( May 2017)... hoping that the problem would go away - it hasn't..

Similary, if I print to a PDF directly to the NAS, it will not permit me or the file becomes corrupt.

LIkewise, if I try to delete the file on the NAS, the file will appear to disapear, but a refresh brings the file right back...

...There's something wrong with the Netgear OS.

...One one of our colleagues PC, the NAS icon doesnt  always appear ( sometimes it does, sometimes it doesnt ), which makes it that much more difficult to access the NAS unless a shortcut was made in such an event  like this ...

....This problem had just begun to appear.... A year ago, the NAS never showed problems such as this.

....Our IT guy removed the password to access the NAS but suprisingly, it still asks for username & password ( although as just mentioned - had been removed).

So there are all kinds of weird little problems with the NAS going on 

Message 3 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

To access the NAS you'd either allow anonymous access or access it using users. The access denied suggests that your PC is trying credentials and being refused access. This could be credentials saved in Credentials Manager on your PC.

Sounds like you may have configured permissions incorrectly as well.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements