× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

HTTP Access is suddenly case sensitive?

JohnMStudebaker
Aspirant

HTTP Access is suddenly case sensitive?

We've got 5 ReadyNas 314 (12GB) at the office.  Last weekend I was was working on one and did the following:  Updated it to 6.4.0 Firmware, Scrubbed the only volume and then Defragged the only volume.

We have several systems that access the ReadyNAS.  Our Windows systems (using SMB) still work fine.  But our HTTP systems all stopped working.  After troubleshooting for a couple of hours, I realized that suddenly HTTP is case-sensitive.  It was never case-sensitive before.  I don't see an option anywhere to turn off case-sensitivity.  Is there a way to revert to non-case sensitive HTTP retreival, or to downgrade the Firmware?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: HTTP Access is suddenly case sensitive?

Hi JohnMStudebaker,

Welcome to the community!

Can you tell us how your http systems access the ReadyNAS or the files? Is it through browser?

I look forward to your response.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team 

Message 2 of 4
JohnMStudebaker
Aspirant

Yes, the front-end of our system (written in house) is completely web based.  Most users use Internet Explorer, but some use chrome.  Since it's behind a firewall, the ReadyNas just has open access (under HTTP, the "Everyone" account has a check mark under "Access").  Prior to last weekend (when I updated the firmware & did a scrub & defragment), the case didn't have to match when using http.

The backend systems (which use SMB) still work fine (case-insinsitive)

Message 3 of 4
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi JohnMStudebaker,

Thank your so much for the information that you have provided. We'll have a further look on this and get back to you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements