× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Is it safe to reboot a Netgear Readynas 4360 while a disk sync is in process?

IT-Field-Tech
Follower

Is it safe to reboot a Netgear Readynas 4360 while a disk sync is in process?

Have a netgear readynas 4360 with 12 raid 10 drives in it for my main volume/share. Recently one of the 10 TB drives failed and netgear said it needed to be replaced so I just replaced it to at 5PM today and it has seriously degraded my production environments performance which is currently running on the volume/share. I was considering rebooting the 4360 while the sync was in process to see if it helps productions performance or the disk to sync any faster as it currently show it will take 83 days to finish syncing????

Is it safe to reboot the 4360 during a disk sync?

Message 1 of 2
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: Is it safe to reboot a Netgear Readynas 4360 while a disk sync is in process?

I have had to power down during a resync and the unit came back up and continued the sync.  But I'm not sure I'd trust that with as much data as you have.  And it likely won't help, at least for long.  Can you SSH in and execute top, then use shift-P to sort by CPU usage and see what process(es) are using all your CPU?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements