× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rif.: My ReadyNas RNDP6000 won't turn on

Fdagnano
Aspirant

My ReadyNas RNDP6000 won't turn on

Hello. My ReadyNas won't turn on. there's a feeble blink on one of the LAN ports, I already tried replacing the power cord and plugging it into a different socket, with no avail. For what I've found here in the Community this should be a power supply related problem. The unit is out of the warranty terms for a RMA, but I'd like to have it working again, as it contains valuable data. Is there a way to have it fixed? I could not find an assistance shop in Rome searching on the internet and on the Netgear web page. Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: My ReadyNas RNDP6000 won't turn on

It is possible to replace the power supply yourself (look for a Seasonic Power Supply SS-300SFD, and also get a 24 pin extension cable).  It could be something else of course.

You could also move to a new NAS.  Netgear can help with migrating data if you get an RN316 or and RN516 (though you will need enough storage to copy all the data in the process).  You can also migrate the disks to another Pro-6 chassis.  Though getting a used NAS is hit-or-miss, sometimes people do end up with defective/failed units.

Message 2 of 4
Fdagnano
Aspirant

I think going for a new power supply is worth a try. It seems that one has been EOL'ed, I hope I can find something similar. Thank you.
Message 3 of 4
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Fdagnano,

It should be something like this: http://www.silentpcreview.com/article286-page1.html

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements