× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NetGear ReadyNas Duo

MrNurseman
Aspirant

NetGear ReadyNas Duo

Hi Netgear.

I have lost my Resource CD for my readyNAS. Can I find the CD for download?

Mvh Robert

Model: RND2120|ReadyNAS Duo 2TB (2 X 1TB)
Message 1 of 5

Re: NetGear ReadyNas Duo

@MrNurseman wrote:

I have lost my Resource CD for my readyNAS. Can I find the CD for download?

You don't say what you need, but a good start would be to visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

That page will also have any software, firmware and drivers for your device, if they exist.

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to WiFi Adapters. (This is easily done, given Netgear's complicated community structure.)

Many questions apply to different types of device, so you might get responses here, but you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

ReadyNAS Network Storage: Official NETGEAR Community

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

Message 2 of 5
MrNurseman
Aspirant

Ah. Sorry.

I can't get in touch with the server. I have lost mig Resource CD. I need to install til RAIDiator file and downloaded it from the download pages. How do I open/install til file "RAIDiator-4.1"

Message 3 of 5

@MrNurseman wrote:

Ah. Sorry.

I can't get in touch with the server. I have lost mig Resource CD. I need to install til RAIDiator file and downloaded it from the download pages. How do I open/install til file "RAIDiator-4.1"

Read the release notes?

Message 4 of 5
StephenB
Guru

There's no download link for the resource CD.  But you don't use anything on the resource CD to upgrade firmware anyway.

You download unzip the file here https://kb.netgear.com/000038792/RAIDiator-Version-4-1-16-Sparc (that you appear to already have).

Then go into frontview: https://nas-ip-address/admin  (using the real NAS IP address of course).

Then navigate to this screen (system on the left pane, then update on the top):53-System.Update.Local.png

Click on "Later"  Then click on "Choose File" and select the firmware.

54-System.Update.Local.Later.png

After you choose the file, select "Upload and Verify image".  After verification is finished. you will be asked for confirmation to proceed with the update.

Note the screenshots are from a 4.2.x system, but these screens are identical to the ones in 4.1.x.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements