× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear RN31200-100NAS Hard Drive Upgrade

Ken_R
Follower

Netgear RN31200-100NAS Hard Drive Upgrade

Dear Netgear Community, I have an old Netgear RN31200-100NAS that currently has 1TB drives installed. I would like to upgrade the unit to a pair of 6TB drives. I found a historical document that listed compatible drives, but they are all obsolete. I would like to try a pair of WD Red NAS Hard Drive WD60EFAX - 6 TB - SATA 6Gb/s. Are these drives compatible with my unit? Also, the spec sheet shows a max capacity of 12TB. Is that each drive can be up to 12TB or the 2 must add to 12TB? I'd like to put the largest drives I can in the unit. I believe it is currently setup as a RAID1. Not sure of the firmware. We are using Windows10 on the PCs networked with the unit. PS There was no choice for NAS in the Location so I tried to put my question in the most general option available. Thanks, Ken
Message 1 of 3

Re: Netgear RN31200-100NAS Hard Drive Upgrade

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to General WiFi Routers (Non-Nighthawk). (This is easily done, given Netgear's impenetrable community structure.)

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers about your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

ReadyNAS Network Storage: Official NETGEAR Community

I have asked the Netgear moderator to move your message.

Message 2 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: Netgear RN31200-100NAS Hard Drive Upgrade

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements