× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: OSreinstall RN104 now lost work

HPhotoCotton
Follower

OSreinstall RN104 now lost work

Hello

Can anyone help me. For the past few months I've been unable to add files to my RN104 as it was saying I didn't have permission. My login wasn't working, i looked on the Netgear website and it said to reset the password i need to do an OSreinstall. I did this and now the 3 disc volumes i have on there are saying that they are now empty! 

In a little panic so if anyone can help as to whether the data can be retrieved or if I'm missing something i should of done please let me know.

Many thanks

Helen

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay
Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: OSreinstall RN104 now lost work

@HPhotoCotton wrote:

In a little panic so if anyone can help as to whether the data can be retrieved or if I'm missing something i should of done please let me know.

Unfortunately you might have lost the data.  Are you sure you did an OS reinstall (and didn't do a factory default by mistake)?  Also, are you seeing Inactive volume(s) on the NAS volume page, or are you seeing empty volume(s) on the shares page?  

If you are seeing empty volumes (as opposed to inactive), you should power down the NAS for now - you don't want anything written to the data volumes.

If the volumes are inactive, then you should also try Netgear paid support (but probably won't need data recovery).

FWIW, one thing you missed was the need to backup your data.  Hopefully you will get it back, so you can take care of that.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements