× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ports used by ReadyNASRND2000v2

fabiolanza
Follower

Ports used by ReadyNASRND2000v2

Hi,

I am trying to get the ReadyNASRND2000v2 working on my enterprise network by enabling the needed ports in the firewall. So far we have identified that it uses ports 445 139 and UDP 137. It works on an intermittent fashion and I could see that port 111 is being blocked in the firewall.

I would like to know all ports that may be required for the proper functioning of the ReadyNAS device, when connected to all versions of Windows OS, so I can release all such ports in the firewall.

Can you please share this information?

Thank you,

Fabio

Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: Ports used by ReadyNASRND2000v2

@fabiolanza wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to get the ReadyNASRND2000v2 working on my enterprise network by enabling the needed ports in the firewall. So far we have identified that it uses ports 445 139 and UDP 137. It works on an intermittent fashion and I could see that port 111 is being blocked in the firewall.

Personally I think this is a backwards strategy.  You are better off figuring out what services you need to make available over the internet, and only enable the ports that those services need.  You can identify common port usage quite easily with google.

111 - rpcbind 

137 - netbios over udp (name services)

139 - netbios over udp (session services)

445 - SMB

If your firewall is used for Internal Network Segmentation (e.g., between two parts of your enterprise network) then I'd allow 137,139, and 445.  If you are planning to allow access to the NAS with NFS, then you will also need 111 and 2049.

If your firewall is between your enterprise network and the internet, then I'd block them all.  Remote access is best done through a VPN.  Or through https and/or ftps.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements