× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Price

ggirol
Follower

Price

I received a quote from my traditional EDU reseller for a RN31441D-100NAS (4x1TB), then I saw this Amazon ad. Are these the exact same units? Big price difference: https://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-ReadyNAS-Attached-Business-RN31400-100NAS/dp/B00BO0MFYO?th=1

Model: ReadyNAS-3100|ReadyNAS-3100
Message 1 of 5
jak0lantash
Mentor

Re: Price

"NETGEAR ReadyNAS 314 4 Bay Network Attached Storage for Small Business & Home Users with 4x1TB Desktop HDD" is RN31441D (RN - 314 - 4 disks - of 1TB each - Desktop class disks). 

So yes, they're the same.

Don't forget to account for service in the price, if the reseller is providing any. 

Message 2 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

You might want to ask, which kind of disks will be delivered in each of the bundles. To my understanding there are disks and there are disks, you know, though both types might be on the compatibility list.

Message 3 of 5
jak0lantash
Mentor

Even though I agree that some disks are superior than others, "RN31441D" is a bundle made by NETGEAR, there is no guarantee in what model of disk you're gonna get in the box, just the number, capacity and class (Desktop / Entreprise).

Message 4 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

A little bit like lottery, that seems to me. So, my recommendation would be to buy the box diskless and separately get the disks you really want. Or at least research that solution and compare the price against the offer you got so far.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements