× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

REadyNAS RN21400 with OS 6 Dropbox Authorization hangs

laxprint
Aspirant

REadyNAS RN21400 with OS 6 Dropbox Authorization hangs

Cannot turn on Dropbox. I'm attempting to set up a Dropbox sync with our RN21400 ReadyNAS for backups. After going to admin page and going to the cloud tab, I'm trying to enable "Sync with Dropbox" but after switching this from "off" to "on" a pop-up redirect page for Dropbox authorization appears and just hangs. this happens with Chrome and Internet Explorer. I have also tried a different computer. I also to add the Google public DNS 8.8.8.8 as primary as well just in case.

Model: RN21400|ReadyNAS 214 Series 4-Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 11
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: REadyNAS RN21400 with OS 6 Dropbox Authorization hangs

Hi @laxprint

Welcome to the community!

Does the Internet and Services both have green check marks under the Cloud tab?

adding the router address and google address should work.

What firmware version is the NAS running? Were you able to enter your Dropbox credentials?

Kindly post a screenshot if possible.

Regards

Message 2 of 11
laxprint
Aspirant

Hi Marc,

Thanks for your reply.

Here are the answers to your questions:

1. There are no "Internet Available" or "Services Available" on the cloud tab. I have attached an image that shows the entire page when clicked on the "Cloud" tab. It also depicts the pop-up page that hangs on "Authorization" (I shurnk the pop-up page for the sake of the image)

2. Firmware Version: 6.9.1 (just upgraded to most recent version)

3. I never got far enough to enter Dropbox credentials. As soon as I try to "toggle on" Dropbox, the page pops up that says "Authorization. Please wait..."

Please advise.

Message 3 of 11
laxprint
Aspirant

Attached is a picture of the system model and SN

Message 4 of 11
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @laxprint

The Cloud tab should have the Internet and Services informaton.

Have you tried rebooting the NAS?

Message 5 of 11
laxprint
Aspirant

HI Marc,

Thanks for your replies.

When I replied yesterday I had recently upgraded the ReadyNAS. After the upgrade, I only tried to Sync with Dropbox using Chrome browser. I then remembered to try using Internet Explorer and it worked for me to access the settings.

I am now having a slightly different issue:

I still have not been able to sync as the REadyNAS will not allow me to select the share/directory where all the files reside. When I select the correct directory, then click the "Create" button, the "Local Path" turns red and will not allow me to move forward. (see image)

The REadyNAS, will, however, allow me to select a different directory for sync, and the sync seems to work.

What am I missing that the REadyNAS will not sync the directory where I have all my files?

Note: We actively work with these files on this server in this directory everyday using file share services via Windows and Mac computers.

Please advise

Message 6 of 11
StephenB
Guru

Do you have a share named data, with the volume also named data?  

Message 7 of 11
laxprint
Aspirant

yes

Message 8 of 11
laxprint
Aspirant

I can only assume that this is going to cuase issues based on your question. What do I have to do to fix? All computers are currently mapped to the data share (but, this is changeable as it is only about 5 of them).

If so, how would I do that without having to move the data into a newly created share?

Message 9 of 11
StephenB
Guru

I'd rename the data share to something else, and then make the corresponding adjustments on the five PCs.

I'm not 100% sure that's your dropbox issue, but there are some other problems that can surface if you have a share that matches the volume name.  Personally I think the GUI should be modified to prevent people from doing that.

Message 10 of 11
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @laxprint

I would try @StephenB 's advise first, renaming the data share and reconfiguring the mapping on the PCs.

Regards

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements