× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RMA ReadyNAS Pro 6

steveoelliott
Luminary

RMA ReadyNAS Pro 6

Hi all,

I've just RMAed my aging ReadyNAS Pro 6 due to PSU failure and as they are inbuilt there was no option to replace the chassis. I do know you can purchase and retrofit another PSU as described on other threads here but I was keen not to void my warranty.

I'm just concerned though as to what stock of these aging Pro 6's Netgear have in stock... I am worried that I may end up receiving a refurbished unit with damage and / or other issues. I've heard a couple of horror stories on here.

I did opt for the ground replacment so I recieve the new part first so this will give me a chance to inspect and test before accepting the replacement.

Thanks...

Message 1 of 3
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RMA ReadyNAS Pro 6

Hi steveoelliott,

If the replacement came from NETGEAR then it should be a working unit. It would have been checked to work before shipping.

In cases that it has issues, please report it immediately so that you can be assisted right away.

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RMA ReadyNAS Pro 6

If you have concerns with the condition of the replacement unit you can take high-res photos of the unit and include those in your report.

Your 5 year limited hardware warranty still has some months left (you can see the exact date logging into the support portal).

It's a good idea to put a scratch disk (must not be from your array) in the replacement unit, update the firmware to what you were running on the old unit, verify the firmware update is successful, power down, remove the scratch disk and migrate your disks across.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements