× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN3100 SNMP monitor of APC UPS

Per_Hallenborg
Aspirant

RN3100 SNMP monitor of APC UPS

Fellow experts!

Scenario:

Model: ReadyNAS 3100 V2

FW: RAIDiator 4.2.31

UPS: APC Smart-UPS X 3000 network connected UPS, latest FW

SNMP v1

I am trying to SNMP monitor the UPS over network. The UPS is monitored by a NMS and it works. The NAS is monitored by the same NMS without any problem. But when I try to monitor the UPS from the NAS, it doesnt work.

UPS SNMP settings allow all network access.

Message on ReadyNAS when i configure SNMP:

Could not connect to the specified UPS server. Please verify that UPS sharing is enabled on that system and try again.

Log on  the UPS:

Detected an unauthorized user attempting to access the SNMP interface from 192.168.101.110 

I can't believe that I am the only one with this problem. Hoping to get some assistance from the community.

/Per

Model: ReadyNAS-3100|ReadyNAS-3100
Message 1 of 4
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RN3100 SNMP monitor of APC UPS

Hi @Per_Hallenborg

Welcome to the Community!

The NAS you are using uses an older version of NUT but the APC model you have is listed on it's compatible devices. You may check here.

It mentioned that the APC models SMX does need to use the AP9620 SmartSlot expansion card and smart cable. Check here.

Regards

Message 2 of 4
Per_Hallenborg
Aspirant

Hello.

Thanks for the reply. However it raises another question.

Does it means that it is only possible to monitor the UPS via cable, not SNMP? 

Rgds

Per

Message 3 of 4
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Per_Hallenborg

I am not familiar with APC models but according to APC the SMX model should use the expansion card and cable. http://www.apc.com/us/en/faqs/FA156172/

It needs the expansion card and cable for it to be managed and it's management software.

Regards

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements