× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN3220 - Two Problems (Admin Page & Cannot Delete Files)

Jmeyer00
Aspirant

RN3220 - Two Problems (Admin Page & Cannot Delete Files)

This started out with not being able to delete files from the SMB share. I copied data from a folder onto another NAS. I then wanted to delete the contents of this folder on the source NAS. But when I did that, the files came back. The admin page still showed all of the space used. I checked the snapshot settings and they are set so that I'm not taking any snapshots. 

I tried again with just one file, and every time I deleted it the file would come back.

The permissions are set so that anyone has full read/write access.

I then upgraded the firmware to 6.9.2 and now I'm getting "Admin Page Offline". That's been going on for about an hour now. And the NAS isn't seen by RAIDar. 

The share is still there, but I still can't delete anything.

I do not have physical access to the NAS, it is at our DR site.

What can I do about either problem?

Model: RN3220|ReadyNAS 3220
Message 1 of 4
evan2
NETGEAR Expert

Re: RN3220 - Two Problems (Admin Page & Cannot Delete Files)

Please try to delete browse's cach and login Admin GUI again.

Message 2 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

It looks like the full volume usage caused file deletion issue,the best way is enlarge BTRFS volume size using an USB storage in SSH,you need assistance from NETGEAR support to do this activity.

Message 3 of 4
Jmeyer00
Aspirant

Update: After some internal discussion we've decided to just let this be for now. We can read the data we need and have another NAS that we can use as a "lifeboat" of sorts until we have time to send someone out there. 

Thank you all for the suggestions and help.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements