× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RND2000 v1 Lost permissions after damaged disk

manutro
Aspirant

RND2000 v1 Lost permissions after damaged disk

Hi,

I have a Readynas duo V1 with firmaware 4.1.14 and 2 disks of 2TB in RAID 1. May SO is Windows server 2012 R2.

When a hard disk is damaged NAS is not accessible until I remove the damaged disk.

After that, I can write in shared resources but is not possible to write or modify folders or files inside theese shared folders.

User and permissions are not modified. User is the same in Server and NAS. I have to remove resource and create it again.

Now RAid is not redundant, has only one disk.

Thanks for your help.

Model: RND2000v1|READYNAS DUO v1|EOL
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RND2000 v1 Lost permissions after damaged disk

Hello manutro,

Can you try resetting permissions? Get to FrontView then Shares > Share Listing and click one of the shares that you have are trouble with then click Advanced Options. Make sure Share folder owner and Share folder group fields are set to root then Share folder owner rights, group rights and everyone rights are set to Read/write. Mark both "Set ownership and permission for existing...." and "Grant rename and delete priviledges... ", click Apply button. Then test again to see if you get the same results.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello manutro,

Can you try resetting permissions? Get to FrontView then Shares > Share Listing and click one of the shares that you have are trouble with then click Advanced Options. Make sure Share folder owner and Share folder group fields are set to root then Share folder owner rights, group rights and everyone rights are set to Read/write. Mark both "Set ownership and permission for existing...." and "Grant rename and delete priviledges... ", click Apply button. Then test again to see if you get the same results.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi manutro,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 4
manutro
Aspirant

Hi,

All my backups are Ok!

Reseting permissions worked for me.

Thanks for your help again.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats