× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RND2000v2 (ReadyNAS Duo v2) cant factory reset. Dont remember password or the question

the-guvnor
Aspirant

RND2000v2 (ReadyNAS Duo v2) cant factory reset. Dont remember password or the question

Cant find the board for NAS

I have a RND2000v2 (ReadyNAS Duo v2)

Had 2 disks in it, its been running since 2012.

1 disk broke, but i cant find the password for adminpage. Cant remember the answer to the question te reset my password.

then i tried to do a factory reset by hold th reset button. But nothing happens.

Must have tried 100 times.

Is there a way around this or shall i throw the NAS in the garbage?

Stefan

Model: RND2000v2 (ReadyNAS Duo v2)|READYNAS DUO v2 (DISKLESS)|EOL
Message 1 of 3

Re: RND2000v2 (ReadyNAS Duo v2) cant factory reset. Dont remember password or the question

@the-guvnor wrote:

Cant find the board for NAS

ReadyNAS Network Storage: Official NETGEAR Community

Message 2 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: RND2000v2 (ReadyNAS Duo v2) cant factory reset. Dont remember password or the question

@the-guvnor wrote:

I have a RND2000v2 (ReadyNAS Duo v2)

A lot of v1 owners (of the original Sparc-based ReadyNAS) mistakently believe they have a v2.  This matters for the procedure below, so please do double-check.

A v1 Duo

• says Duo on the front panel
  • runs 4.1.x firmware
  • might say v2 on labels on the back or side  

A v2 is an Arm-based platform and 

• says Duo v2 on the front panel
  • runs 5.3.x firmware

@the-guvnor wrote:

then i tried to do a factory reset by hold th reset button. But nothing happens.

A factory reset would destroy all the data.  If you just want to reset the password, you want to do an OS reinstall from the boot menu.  Instruction for that are on pages 16-17 of the hardware manual: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/ReadyNAS_Duov2_NV+v2_HW_en_19-Sept-11.pdf

It's easy to accidentally do a factory default (reset) by mistake, so be careful.  After the OS reinstall, the admin password will be set back to password.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements