× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RNDP4000 raidator 4.2 streaming video windows 7, windows 10

behemut
Follower

RNDP4000 raidator 4.2 streaming video windows 7, windows 10

Hi everybody,

I have a problem with RNDP4000.

radiator version 4.2.31,

I am using two 2TB disks in x-Raid2, 40% in use, 1GB ram,

I have 6 computers in my home.

2 of them are using Windows 7, and I don't have any problem with them.

I have 2 users in ReadyNAS with admin rights, I am able to map a drive to my computers with windows 7 and streaming video file directly from the drive on a laptop screen, I don't have to download the file to my desktop.

any laptop with windows 10 I cannot open the video files directly from NAS drive, windows 10 want to download physically file on the local  (computer) hard drive and then I can open the file.
Second issue:
Using DLNA streaming options only a small part of the movies is available on my computers. I mean most of the videos they have the same type of the file, (most of them come from a digital camera) and I don't know why only one of the subfolders with videos is available and the rest of them is not displayed on my tv. off course in DLNA options I added all folders.

What do I need to enable on the ReadyNAS or windows 10 to have a possibility to open video files directly?

What do I need to change to be able to see all videos through DLNA?

Model: RNDP4000 (ReadyNAS Pro 4)|ReadyNAS® Pro 4 System Diskless|EOL
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: RNDP4000 raidator 4.2 streaming video windows 7, windows 10

@behemut wrote:

any laptop with windows 10 I cannot open the video files directly from NAS drive, windows 10 want to download physically file on the local  (computer) hard drive and then I can open the file.

You should be able to open the files from Windows 10 too.  If you right-click on a file are you seeing "open with"?

@behemut wrote:

Have you tried rescanning the media library?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Re: RNDP4000 raidator 4.2 streaming video windows 7, windows 10

@behemut wrote:

You should be able to open the files from Windows 10 too.  If you right-click on a file are you seeing "open with"?

@behemut wrote:

Have you tried rescanning the media library?

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements