× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RNDP6350-100NAS Damaged during power outage, need to recover my data, 6x2TB drives

Bantam1996
Follower

RNDP6350-100NAS Damaged during power outage, need to recover my data, 6x2TB drives

My faithful RNDP6350-100NAS won’t start following a brief power outage. It was plugged into a UPS, but the UPS didn’t keep the power on. I’ve tested the power supply and it is good (using a power supply testing device), but when I press the power-on button, nothing happens—the power supply fan doesn’t even turn. But, connecting the power supply to the tester device, it comes on and the fan spins. Thus, something must have happened to one of the system boards or components. Not sure if there is a way to troubleshoot further or to repair it, but I really really need to recover the data on the six (6) 2TB drives. Any suggestions on what do do next or how to recover my data is much appreciated. BTW, I do have another 6-drive ReadyNAS, but it is a newer model and runs OS6. Not sure if I could use it to recover my data, but I don’t want to damage it or risk losing my data, so I haven’t tried putting the disks from the RNDP6350-100NAS into it. Any help is very appreciated!!!
Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: RNDP6350-100NAS Damaged during power outage, need to recover my data, 6x2TB drives

https://kb.netgear.com/29957/ReadyNAS-Migrating-disks-from-RAIDiator-4-2-to-ReadyNAS-OS-6-x86

Per the above article, you should be able to use the new NAS for this:

• Power down the OS NAS, and remove the disks (labeling by slot)
  • Insert the disks from your legacy ReadyNAS into the ReadyNAS OS 6 chassis.
  • Boot the ReadyNAS OS 6 device.

The OS 6 NAS should boot RAIDIator software, bringing up Frontview, along with your data, in read-only mode. You can now access your data and backup it up to the alternate location.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements