× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Ready NAS Netgear Support

sjpatel
Aspirant

Ready NAS Netgear Support #25502778

Third class service provide by Netgear.

My Ready NAS have some falut and registered a complain for that but after 24 hours there is no reply from Netgear.

My companies all important data in NAS and NAS will not start. Even L2 level support executive will not track any update regarding my issue.

And L3 level support executive will not contact me for any quiry. And due to iSCSI I can not get my data on any other any device.

How can I trust on Netgear Product. If I am not getting proper support or tracking my complain status.

Very poor service provide by Neat gear. If company will not able to provide support then why there are sell this type of product in market.

No onsite support provided by Netgear....

It is my request you kindly change your Data/Storage device with some good company if you have any Netgear product.

Because of at the time of support Netgear will never help you and after all your time and money both are west.

Message 1 of 18
ReadySECURE
Apprentice

The ReadyNAS 100 series devices go to Home Support, not Business support. For Business-class support, you should consider purchasing a business unit for your business.

Your unit should be restarting soon into normal mode with data access.

Message 2 of 18
sjpatel
Aspirant

If I purchase Home series device than Netgear will not given support ?

Message 3 of 18
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello sjpatel,

Home and/or business class products will get support. Note that business class products are for business environment and get business class support because these products' features and functionalities are expected to be better than Home class units, while Home products are ideal for home network that have smaller group and fewer data to store. The support for Home products is different from business product.

Checking on your support case, you were emailed several times and updated with what may have caused the problem and what was fixed. The last update shows that you have also replaced the chassis which also caused a problem. If you are not able to receive the updates, it is best you contact support again to check on the status of your case. Currently, your case is still esclated after setting it back to Telnet/Tech Support mode.

Also, while NAS is being tested/fixed, try not to change anything on it unless you are requested so it won't affect the procedures they set in place, the progress and steps they have already taken. And we always strongly recommend to have full backup of the files specially for business related files.

NETGEAR Community team values the feedback of the community regarding their concerns. We thank you for your contributions and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced from the support center.

Regards,

Message 4 of 18
sjpatel
Aspirant

Ok But after 4 days there is no responce from netgear.

Now only few problems are pending to resolved.

From Last 4 Days my NAS not Working and my 100+ employees are not working due to NAS problem.

Please understand my problem and give me solution for that.

Please help me if any tool or software for get data for NAS HDD which RAID and iSCSI LUN Data.

So I can atlest get data back from HDD and start my work.

Please please reply for that any tool available for that ?

Message 5 of 18
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Looking at your case there has been responses and the unit was put back into tech support mode and last re-escalated about a day ago.

You are using a home product. This case could not be got to after it was last re-escalated on Friday.

Your case may be a data recovery situation. Attempting to fix the problem yourself may only make the problem worse.

L3 support will get to the case after the weekend.

Message 6 of 18
sjpatel
Aspirant

Ok but how can I recover my data back.

Because of HDD with RAID configuration and data in iSCSI LUN Partation.

Do you have any software or tool for that ?

So I can get my data back from HDD.

Please reply please it is very urgent. 

Message 7 of 18
sjpatel
Aspirant

Please provide me L3 level support email or phone support no. 

Or any tool for recover data from HDD

Message 8 of 18
StephenB
Guru

@sjpatel wrote:

Please provide me L3 level support email or phone support no. 

Or any tool for recover data from HDD

Note I don't work for Netgear

I think the best you can do is continue to provide info using your case number links.

Attempting to recover the data yourself is unwise, you could easily do more damage.

After you get this sorted, I think you should get a business-class device (RN314 or RN316), and use that as the main NAS. Use the home model as a backup.  Having a second NAS as a backup ensures that the business can keep running even if there is a failure on the main NAS.

Message 9 of 18
sjpatel
Aspirant

Ok Thanks for reply.

But I need data anyhow because of data is very very imporant.

So please give me any tool or software for that so I can get my data back from HDD.

Please Please....

Message 10 of 18
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I'm doing all I can to expedite the handling of this case for you. codycook did so earlier too.

Reviewing your case notes I'm uncertain about the health of your volume so I would not advise attempting to do things yourself.

Message 11 of 18
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The support agent left a detailed file on your machine yesterday explaining the situation.

Message 12 of 18
sjpatel
Aspirant

Ok thanks for for reply.

But today L3 support agent was trying to copy data to USB HDD with LUN iSCSI partation and due some error it will stopped after 188 GB and now I called to support center and they answered me that after 24 hours L3 support agent will call you.

So how can I wait for more 24 hours because from last 1 week my company stopped working and all employees are not working due to system not work.

Please try to understand my problem and please help me if you have L3 support contact then please inform him to connect my PC and again copy data to new HDD.

Please please .....

If you have any expert number who will resolved my case on chargable base then I am agree with that.

I will ready to pay for this and resloved issue on urgent basis.

Please try to understand my situation and resolved my problem as soon as possible.

Please help please help please....

Message 13 of 18
sjpatel
Aspirant

My case ID is : 25502778

Device on "Tech Support Mode"

And team viewer also online...

Please contact me if you have any chargable or non chargable contact.

I need my data back within 24 hours max please....

Message 14 of 18
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Please leave any contact details in the case.

Last I update I saw 40 minutes ago is that the data recovery is in progress.

Message 15 of 18
sjpatel
Aspirant

<Deleted by StephenB>

Snehal, please don't post your personal contact information here.  Netgear doesn't need it, and people in the community can PM you if they wish.

Message 16 of 18
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Due to a power failure the data recovery backup process had to be restarted. The system is now on a UPS. A NAS used for important business use should be on a UPS. Just like any server it's best to minimise the number of unsafe shutdowns.

The 100 series is designed for home use. For mission critical business use you should be looking at purchasing a model such as the ReadyNAS 516 or perhaps a ReadyDATA 516. You could ask support to put you in touch with the sales who could work with you to pick the right model for your needs going forward.

Furthermore backing up the data is important. Data recovery is a last resort and inherently there is is the possibility it may be unsuccessful.

An advantage of the ReadyDATA 516 route is that the ReadyDATA 516 supports block level replication so you could replicate iSCSI LUNs from one ReadyDATA to another one. So if you need to use iSCSI this would be the best way to go.

Message 17 of 18
sjpatel
Aspirant

Finally I got my data back after 7 days !!!!!

Huh !!!

Really it was very long process for recover data back.

But I am so happy coz my data safely return to my new HDD.

Thanks to netgear for lots of help.

without netgear I can not recover my data back.

Again thanks a lot !!!!

Message 18 of 18
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements