× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyDR on internal volume

Xatosch
Apprentice

ReadyDR on internal volume

Hi...

The new feature ReadDR on OS 6.6 is a great thing. In my Device I have 5 x 3TB Disk as a RAID 5, the last slot was free. Now I had bought a 4 TB Disk for internal ReadDR Backups and therefor I have a question:

- Using the sixth slot for the 4TB Drive, configured as a JBOD Drive works as expected

- Connection the drive via USB docking station does not work, I can't create a ReadDR share on this "volume"

But what about an eSata Dockingstation? Can this "volume" be used for ReadyDR?

Kai

Model: RN51600|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
dingjs1421
NETGEAR Expert

Re: ReadyDR on internal volume

It's not suggested and Netgear doesn't support that offically, as it may incure severe unexpected issues.  Whatever you can have a try, must not create volumes with HDDs cross main chassis and external chassis .

Thanks

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7

All Replies
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Xatosch,

I honestly do not know but I will check this with others who possibly have answer. Or they might respond here.

For the meantime, I would just like to share to you the articles for ReadyDR, in case you haven't seen them yet.

ReadyDR: Creating a ReadyDR job

ReadyDR: Key Exchange

ReadyDR: Recovering data from a ReadyDR share

ReadyDR: Backup Options

ReadyDR: Checking the status of a job

Regards,

Message 2 of 7
dingjs1421
NETGEAR Expert

ReadyNAS offically supports EDA500, and you can use that for extra hard drives. 

Message 3 of 7
Xatosch
Apprentice

yes, i know, but it is a little expensive... for this amount I could buy a second 314 device...

I think more of a low cost $30 docking station, they are avaible with usb and/or esata.

Message 4 of 7
dingjs1421
NETGEAR Expert

It's not suggested and Netgear doesn't support that offically, as it may incure severe unexpected issues.  Whatever you can have a try, must not create volumes with HDDs cross main chassis and external chassis .

Thanks

Message 5 of 7
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Xatosch,

Unfortunately, external attached devices such as USB or eSATA will not work. One needs to use ReadyNAS volume for ReadyDR.

Regards,

Message 6 of 7
StephenB
Guru

It would be nice if btrfs-formatted external drives could work.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements