× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 3100 Processor Updates

Cliff_MI
Guide

ReadyNAS 3100 Processor Updates

Does anyone know the fastest Processor that can be install in the 3100?  I was looking inside of it and notice that the processor is in a socket and can be replace.

Does it use the same as the Pro6?

I have looked in the forum and I have not seen any talk about upgrading this Box.  I got one for a good deal and wanted to see about upgrading it a little to improve the performance.  I have upgraded it to 6.9.3.  

Also is there any firmware updates needed? and if so where would they be located?

Planning on using for an NVR if it is possible to get the right number of licenses for cameras without spending an arm and leg.

Thanks for any help.

Clifton

Model: ReadyNAS-3100|ReadyNAS-3100
Message 1 of 2
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: ReadyNAS 3100 Processor Updates

Hi @Cliff_MI, I have no solution, but here are my two cents:

(1) Try to identify the cpu currently installed. As far as I know it is some kind of intel atom.

(2) With that knowledge go to this website and find the family your cpu is belonging to.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Atom

(3) If you currently do not have the most powerful cpu of its family installed, consider to buy that one (probably used?) and give it a try.

Example: Assuming you currently have an Avoton C2350, go get an Avoton C2750.
Good luck and kind regards

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements