× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Duo - NoSMBDisconnect

eea123
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Duo - NoSMBDisconnect

We are running a "stock" Duo w/ 2 - 1Tb RAID Level 1 in a SOHO environment. I held off adding this patch until this week, but this seems to have "transformed" this unit to my users (including myself). My only real complaint of having to "rebuffer the network drive connection everytime" is gone!

Curious as to other people's experiences in a similar environment? We have two full time users and a couple of floater machines networked in a mixed OS of Win7 (32bit) and XP. From what I've read on using No SMB Disconnect, offices with multiple users can see degraded performance by mainatining multiple connections when they're inactive. Anyone have a gauge where that thereshold is approximately? I don't think we'll ever see more than 10 users, ever. More likely 5, however other Departments with more users may want to consider this type of install.

Also, we currently map the network drive once as N: and navigate down into subdirectories. I may look at mapping drive letters to the major subdirectories. Would this sort of mapping "amplify" the connections per user NetGear warns about by using No SMB Disconnect?

Thanks.
Message 1 of 2
eea123
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS Duo - NoSMBDisconnect

Is it possible that the NAS can lose this? Over the weekend it looks like this issue reappeared. I re-loaded the bin file and everything appears to be as was a month ago. I wonder if a Windows update affected it?
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements