× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS NV+ v1 Boot Problems

jsayles2
Aspirant

ReadyNAS NV+ v1 Boot Problems

I see lots of people have boot issues although unfortunatly all the links to supporting files are broken.  I can't boot off the USB or find a 4.1.16 boot image.  I can't even download the older images people link to as those links... you guessed it, are broken.  

My NAS:  ReadyNAS NV+ V1 (spark) with 4.1.16

We had a power outage and now it's stuck booting with Drive1 LED flashing twice and then all lights, activity, and power included, flashing 3 times.  This happens if there are drives in it, no drives in it, if I push the reset button, anything.  I tried doing the OS install by booting it up with the reset button and the lights flashed the same sequence.  

I found an "LED Language" doc, but it's for a newer model.  Anyone know where there is one for this box?  

Model: ReadyNASRND4000|ReadyNAS NV+ Chassis only
Message 1 of 3
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS NV+ v1 Boot Problems

USB Boot Recovery is rarely the solution to problems and is resorted to far too quickly.

What do you see on the LCD on the front of the NAS when it's booting?

So your NAS is running 4.1.16?

Message 2 of 3
jsayles2
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS NV+ v1 Boot Problems

LCD is blank.  I'm pretty sure I'm running 4.1.16.  That's the latest and I remember updating the firmware a few months ago.  

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements