× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS Pro Pioneer drive bay replacement

vacharya
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Pro Pioneer drive bay replacement

Hi,

I have a perfectly working ReadyNAS Pro Pioneer edition for my home media consumption. Over the years, the drive bays have become jammed and increasingly difficult to open. I had to force open one because of a defective hard disk, and ended up breaking the drive bay. Is there anywhere I can purchase a replacement drive bay (not the drive) that is compatible with this particular ReadyNAS? I don't care if it looks different, as long as it's compatible then that's fine with me. Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

The part number is RNDTRAY-10000S.  Netgear used to sell them directly, but they haven't for some years.  However, you might still find some if you google diligently.

There is one seller on Amazon who is advertising them for ~$30 USD plus shipping.

You do need to be careful - I've seen RNRXTRAY1-10000S advertised as "ReadyNAS Duo drive bay", but that part number is for rack-mount ReadyNAS, and it won't work in desktop systems.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
vandermerwe
Master

Perhaps ask Netgear support - there are many models with the same chassis still under warranty so they should have spares, whether they'll give/sell you one is another story, I get the impression they don't normally supply spare parts to end users, even for units that are still under warranty they'd rather RMA the whole chassis.

Is your device perhaps still under warranty (3 years)?

Message 2 of 4
StephenB
Guru

The part number is RNDTRAY-10000S.  Netgear used to sell them directly, but they haven't for some years.  However, you might still find some if you google diligently.

There is one seller on Amazon who is advertising them for ~$30 USD plus shipping.

You do need to be careful - I've seen RNRXTRAY1-10000S advertised as "ReadyNAS Duo drive bay", but that part number is for rack-mount ReadyNAS, and it won't work in desktop systems.

Message 3 of 4
vacharya
Aspirant

Thank you very much. I'll order it from Amazon.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements