× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS RN3138 Recall

gpearson9
Aspirant

ReadyNAS RN3138 Recall

Has anyone with models affected by the Intel Atom bug been contacted for replacements yet? I have two of these units in very critical roles that are approaching 1 and 2 years in use which is around the time the bug usually manifests, so I am starting to get concerned they won't be replaced in time.

I tried to use the email in this article to contact them, however it has been deactivated apparently because I received an undeliverable error:  https://kb.netgear.com/000037344/Service-Note-for-RN3130-RN3138-WC7500-and-WC7600v2

Not hearing any updates combined with that email address not working any more does not give me the best feeling that this issue is still being worked on...

Model: RN3138|ReadyNAS 3138 Series 4-Bay
Message 1 of 3
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

Re: ReadyNAS RN3138 Recall

The result of an afflicted devices is a device that doesn't power on, and I haven't seen an RMA for one yet that had this issue. 

Thanks for telling me about the unavailable e-mail though, I filed a ticket to look into that.

If you are seeking a proactive replacement, feel free to contact our support. We can get you replaced. We are contacting customers in the order in which they registered, so if you have not been registered long, you will eventually be contacted. 

Message 2 of 3
gpearson9
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS RN3138 Recall

Thank you for the reply! I did try to contact supported about the recall but they just told me I have a 5 year warranty and closed my ticket telling me to contact the recall email address which didn't work.

If you guys are going by registered date that makes sense for my second 3138 which I bought early in 2017, but my first one was bought and registerted in January 2016 just a few months after it launched (serial# 4HM15AEB000D9)

If I wanted to see if I can get them proactively replaced would I create another standard support ticket or wait until that email works again? Sorry to be a pain, this is just stressing me out a bit due to the types of files we use our NAS for at my company.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements