× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Target Error RN3220 firmware 6.2.4

radioguru6613
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Target Error RN3220 firmware 6.2.4

First let me start off by saying that if anyone from Netgear is reading this, fix your website, the contact support page is broken and won't accept more than 160 characters in the area where you enter a "Detailed" problem. Even then it won't allow you to move past that page to submit your issue.

Hi I'm in the process of replacing some Synology NAS units with ReadyNAS 3220's. One of the requirements is an iSCSI map to the NAS for user directory backups. With all my other iSCSI devices I can connect to the target with no issue, when I do this from any machine in the domain, the 3220 reports Target Error. I've scoured Google and other resources but continue to comeup with no joy on a solutions. I've tried both authorized and any, chap no chap, pretty much anything and can't connect. Looking for help or maybe this is a bug report. Software version is 6.2.4 and again I've tried from Windows 7 boxes, Windows Server 2008 and Server 2012 with no luck. 

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
radioguru6613
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS Target Error RN3220 firmware 6.2.4

I'm up and running now, I'm not sure but I think that when I copied the name of the host machine into the seutp on the RN3220 the 1st character didn't copy so instead of iqn.1991-05.com.xxxx is only copied qn.1991-05.com.xxxx (dropping the i) then enabling CHAP made the connection. Again only theory as I had done everything so many times that for it to have finally hit was nothing short of astounding but again up and running now. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Can you send in your logs (see the Sending Logs link in my sig)?

Message 2 of 3
radioguru6613
Aspirant

I'm up and running now, I'm not sure but I think that when I copied the name of the host machine into the seutp on the RN3220 the 1st character didn't copy so instead of iqn.1991-05.com.xxxx is only copied qn.1991-05.com.xxxx (dropping the i) then enabling CHAP made the connection. Again only theory as I had done everything so many times that for it to have finally hit was nothing short of astounding but again up and running now. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements