× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas 214 X-RAID to Flex-RAID new volume creation issues

Chessdude
Aspirant

ReadyNas 214 X-RAID to Flex-RAID new volume creation issues

Hi all. This is my 3rd post here on the same issue in 48 hrs. In my previous post, my ReadyNas could not detect new disk installation. I've got a 10TB Seatgate Ironwolf disk already installed in my ReadyNas 214 and have now decided to change from X-RAID to Flex-RAID (Backuped externally) by adding another 10TB Seagate Ironwolf. My problem is that when I try to create a new JDOB volume, I'm getting an error message 'One or more of the selected disk for the new volume could not be found. Please verify that they are properly inserted and try again'. The disk is being detected as its showing in the discs picture under volumes (in black rather than blue). When I hover the mouse over it, it shows all the specs and infromation. The new volume also shows up under 'Performance status', although with a black dot next to it, instead of green. It's worth mentioning that Seagate Ironwolf disks are on the list approved for use with Netgear Readynas. I've had no issues with the old disk installed, it's been working great for about two years now.

Another small hitch, I cannot find my USB device in the dropdown menu to store the encryption key, and cannot send it by email either. Not sure if the two issues are related. I've tried restarting the NAS with no luck. Please help. Thank you.

LOGS

Sep 04, 2020 10:46:14 AM

Volume: Volume Movies.And.Docu.3D creation failed.
Sep 04, 2020 10:39:29 AM

Sep 04, 2020 10:36:28 AM

Sep 04, 2020 09:47:11 AM

Disk: Disk Model:ST10000VN0008 Serial:ZPW02RKK was added to Channel 3 of the head unit.
Sep 03, 2020 09:00:21 PM

Volume: Volume configuration switched to Flex-RAID.
Sep 03, 2020 08:36:03 PM

System: ReadyNASOS background service started.
Model: RN21400|ReadyNAS 214 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNas 214 X-RAID to Flex-RAID new volume creation issues

You said earlier that you were hearing a beeping sound?  That sounds like the new drive might be defective.

Have you tried testing it with Seatools?  Or using the disk test function in the NAS volume tab?

Message 2 of 3
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNas 214 X-RAID to Flex-RAID new volume creation issues

@Chessdude

Can you send me the full logs thru PM, Also, you already tried inserting the new drive on a different bay right? just to check if there are any issues with the SATA.

It would be best to contact Support as well if you still have a contract or under HW Warranty so they can properly address this issue.

WIll wait for the lgos and report back to you

HTH

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements