× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas 626X problem saving from Mac OS X over smb

O2lyse
Tutor

ReadyNas 626X problem saving from Mac OS X over smb

I have a problem especially saving Adobe Photoshop 2018/2019 from Mac OS X(High Sierra/Mojave) over SMB protocol. The error i get is "Could not save test.psd because write access was not granted". The firmware is up to date with version 6.9.4 hotfix 1. I have also recreated this error to another customer.

Model: RN626X | ReadyNAS 626X 6-Bay with Intel® Xeon® Quad-Core Server Processor
Message 1 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: ReadyNas 626X problem saving from Mac OS X over smb

Hi @O2lyse, let me kindly ask whether you get the same error when using the same user account conducting the save using different hardware (eg pc with windows or linux). In other words: is it the mac and/or its operating system or is it the credentials of the user account, which might cause the issue?

Message 2 of 8
O2lyse
Tutor

I have only tried it from Mac OS X computers. Locally it saves ok. I wil try it against a different server. I use the same account and the permissions are everyone read/write

Message 3 of 8
O2lyse
Tutor

I have no tried it to a different server. A Mac OS X server. Used SMB and saved the same file to the server. Got the same error.

O2lyse

Message 4 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi @O2lyse, sorry to hear that. At least you know now, that it is not the NAS, which causes the issue. You need decent mac support I assume.

Message 5 of 8
hmuessig
Luminary

I am seeing the same issue from my Macs (running current OS). I also have a Windows 10 machine and have no issues with access to files on my 716. I am suspicious that the last Mac OS update broke somethingsince that is what changed and not the Netgear NAS OS but have not been able to troubleshoot the issue (or see whether the Apple support site says anything).

Anyone else having issues?

Model: RN716X|ReadyNAS 716X Chassis
Message 6 of 8
mdgm
Virtuoso

Maybe one of the issues fixed in samba 4.9.2?: https://www.samba.org/samba/history/samba-4.9.2.html
Message 7 of 8
O2lyse
Tutor

Thanx for the tip. I will check out the Samba version

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements