× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas 212

KIMSBAY
Aspirant

Readynas 212

We have a spreadsheet that is being shared on our readynas.  I am getting an error message that says the disk is full.  It is no where near being full.  If I reboot the NAS the issue goes away and then a couple hours later the same thing.  I have looked at some of the older forums and I see this issue was there back in 2012 but could never find the solution.  Can anyone help on this issue?

Message 1 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Re: Readynas 212

What firmware is running on the NAS?

Where are you seeing this error message?  

Message 2 of 6
KIMSBAY
Aspirant

Thank you for replying.  This has been driving me crazy.  The firmware is 6.7.5 and the error is showing up on the workstations that are trying to open the spreadsheet.

Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Are these windows PCs or Macs?

How are the PCs accessing the share?  

Do they have write access to the share?

Message 4 of 6
KIMSBAY
Aspirant

They are all PC's.   From their Pc they are accessing the spreadsheet as a mapped drive to the NAS.  And yes, they have write access.  It was working for about 2 months.  Occasionaly I would get a file locked error but I think only twice in the 2 months.  But just recently this issue came up.  If i reboot the nas the issue goes away, but comes back about 2 hours later.  I did have my vendor who helps me with my IT issues was in there setting up accounts and putting data on it, but not enough to fill it up.  Still has almost 2TB available.  He is out of town, but I spoke with him last night and he did say that he rebooted the NAS and it said it was doing an update.  He thought it was a minor update and no big deal so he rebooted anyway.  Could that have caused this?

Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

I don't think it's the reboot.  I'm puzzled on how opening a spreadsheet would provoke an out-of-space error on the NAS.

Do you have quotas enabled on any of the shares?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements