× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas 4220

laithabdul
Aspirant

Readynas 4220

I delet icsci and lost all data and dont have backup how back data readynas 4220
Message 1 of 14

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Readynas 4220

@laithabdul wrote:
Recovery data that was never backup

Ok.

You can contract with Netgear to try and recover it.  https://kb.netgear.com/69/ReadyNAS-Data-Recovery-Diagnostics-Scope-of-Service

You can also try recovery software.  ReclaiMe is one package that some users here have used.  But it runs on a PC, so you'd need to connect the drives to a PC (either with USB or sata).

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 14

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

You might want to start by reviewing this material: https://kb.netgear.com/29788/ReadyNAS-Backup-FAQ

It doesn't specificially say much about iSCSI, but it should still be helpful.

Since an iSCSI LUN is opaque block-storage to the NAS, incremental backups generally won't work from the NAS.  If you need that you'll need to back them up from the client that mounts the iSCSI volume.  The other incremental option is to use ReadyDR - that requires a second x86 ReadyNAS to be the backup destination.

Message 2 of 14
laithabdul
Aspirant

I dont work backup in the readynas
I lost all data video and text about 25TB
How do back lost data
Message 3 of 14
StephenB
Guru

Are you asking about recovery of lost data?

If this is on the system you did the factory default on (https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/Management-service-is-offline-after-6-7-4-upgra... ) then I think it is too late.  That process is destructive.

You could try immediately powering down the NAS, connecting all the disks to a Windows PC, and then using a data recovery package like ReclaiMe.  But the odds of success are very low.

Message 4 of 14
Hopchen
Prodigy

As it is a LUN, recovery chances would be really low. You should power down nas asap (to stop any further writes) and contact a professional data recovery company. 

Message 5 of 14
laithabdul
Aspirant

This other readynas but i dont understand connect all disk to windows
Message 6 of 14
StephenB
Guru

@laithabdul wrote:
This other readynas but i dont understand connect all disk to windows

I don't understand what you are asking

• recovering data that was never backed up?
  • or how to back up the data?

Message 7 of 14
laithabdul
Aspirant

Message 8 of 14
StephenB
Guru

@laithabdul wrote:

Ok.

You can contract with Netgear to try and recover it.  https://kb.netgear.com/69/ReadyNAS-Data-Recovery-Diagnostics-Scope-of-Service

You can also try recovery software.  ReclaiMe is one package that some users here have used.  But it runs on a PC, so you'd need to connect the drives to a PC (either with USB or sata).

Message 9 of 14
laithabdul
Aspirant

Hi

Thank you StephenB

How contract with Netgear to try recovery

I want to discuss with Netgear about the time period for recovery and what is required of me to provide for work recov

regards

Message 10 of 14
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello laithabdul,

I checked your profile and found that you have already contacted support. However, the ReadyNAS 4220 is not registered, there is no SN registered on your profile. I suggest you register the NAS with its SN at my.netgear.com first.

Regards,

Message 11 of 14
laithabdul
Aspirant

Hello

Thank you JennC for replay

I registered with other acount bashar hameed

regards

Message 12 of 14
StephenB
Guru

@laithabdul wrote:

How contract with Netgear to try recovery

You do need to start with my.netgear.com.  There isn't a specific category for data recovery (which I pointed out to Netgear).  Maybe try the closest "get help with my netgear product" that you can. 

Message 13 of 14
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Seeing you deleted your iSCSI LUN the way forward here would be to restore your data from backup.

We do warn about the consequences of deleting a share/LUN.

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements